Kevyn Adams, press conference Dec 27th, 2021

LGR4GM

Can we save "press conference" for when Terry fires them all again? It's not like Adams walks in to flashing cameras and shouts of, "Mr. Adams! Mr. Adams!" before taking the lectern with the Sabres seal on the front, urging quiet and pointing to Helen Thomas of AP for the first question.

• Haha (+1) 4

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Can we save "press conference" for when Terry fires them all again? It's not like Adams walks in to flashing cameras and shouts of, "Mr. Adams! Mr. Adams!" before taking the lectern with the Sabres seal on the front, urging quiet and pointing to Helen Thomas of AP for the first question.

Do you prefer presser?  A term that needs to be shot into the sun along with physicality, washed and Audacy. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

That Helen Thomas reference is just spectacularly awesome, @PASabreFan.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I think in Adams mind that is exactly what’s happening.

Or, more likely, I am projecting.

19 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

That be crazy if power went to the Olympics what a year for this kid 

Potentially World Junior gold, Olympic gold, and NCAA champion in the span of 4 months, plus mens a World Championship gold (2021) all before playing a single minute in the NHL.     

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Literal definition of press conference

"an interview given to journalists by a prominent person in order to make an announcement or answer questions."

So no, we'll continue calling GM Kevyn Adams press conferences, press conferences. 

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Who put your in charge of reffing?

I'd go with media availability.

Then next time you can start the thread. You don't have to ***** all over everything Sabres constantly.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Potentially World Junior gold, Olympic gold, and NCAA champion in the span of 4 months, plus mens a World Championship gold (2021) all before playing a single minute in the NHL.     

I'm very curious to see if Power decides to go to the Olympics and if Buffalo is on board. I could see him wanting to be ready at Michigan for the ncaa tournament and not wanting to risk China quarantine. 

Adams seemingly in favor of that option during his press conference was interesting though. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Literal definition of press conference

"an interview given to journalists by a prominent person in order to make an announcement or answer questions."

So no, we'll continue calling GM Kevyn Adams press conferences, press conferences. 

Then next time you can start the thread. You don't have to ***** all over everything Sabres constantly.

You are not Sabres.

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Adams seemingly in favor of that option during his press conference was interesting though. 

Do you think it's possible Adams may prefer he doesn't go but does not want the kid to have any hard feelings towards the organization?

2 minutes ago, Hank said:

Do you think it's possible Adams may prefer he doesn't go but does not want the kid to have any hard feelings towards the organization?

Idk, I'd hope they have an open conversation about it. I don't think Power has any hard feelings towards the Sabres though. 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk, I'd hope they have an open conversation about it. I don't think Power has any hard feelings towards the Sabres though. 

I agree, I don’t think he does either. I'm just mildly curious if Adams is making sure it stays that way, in possible opposition to what he may personally think might be best. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.