Nashville Predators vs. Arizona Coyotes ... as a Sabres Fan

MairOfPominville

13 minutes ago, MairOfPominville said:

What is the protocol on attire when attending an NHL matchup that does not include the Sabres? Can I still wear one of my Sabres Jerseys? Or do I have to dress neutral to both parties like I am Switzerland or something ...

Thanks in advance for your help!

I had the leafs game on a few nights ago.  It was Leafs and Bruins but a couple in the front row were both rocking Sabres jerseys.  I say wear them!!

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, MairOfPominville said:

What is the protocol on attire when attending an NHL matchup that does not include the Sabres? Can I still wear one of my Sabres Jerseys? Or do I have to dress neutral to both parties like I am Switzerland or something ...

Welcome!!

It took you almost 7 years to get up the courage to make your first post.  Sent you a beer.

Don't be shy we don't bite.  Well, not on the first date anyway, although @inkman might ...

Wear your sweater proudly, but remember your pants too.  That might be a problem.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

You can wear what you want of course, but me personally, I'd only wear a jersey of the current teams on the ice/field or none at all going neutral. I think it just looks dumb to wear another team when they aren't playing. Unless you are at a AHL, ECHL or some lower league, then you can wear whatever you want. I've seen so many people wearing different jerseys at ECHL games it was amazing. Rocking a Nordiques or the Whale jersey at a Idaho Steelheads vs LV Wranglers game in Las Vegas years back!  LMAO!

1 hour ago, The Ghost of Doohickie said:

Welcome!!

It took you almost 7 years to get up the courage to make your first post.  Sent you a beer.

Don't be shy we don't bite.  Well, not on the first date anyway, although @inkman might ...

Wear your sweater proudly, but remember your pants too.  That might be a problem.

Pants are important....... more than any jersey protocol......People wear jerseys not related to the teams on the ice at KBC all the time.

It may seem a bit odd to some.... but dammit you're a hockey fan and you have a jersey.....wear it !!

3 hours ago, MairOfPominville said:

Welcome!

I only wear street clothes to games. Even when it's the Sabres. I guess I'm old school.

• Like (+1) 1

Everybody is different… But you wanted peoples opinions… And people are giving theirs. So I’ll give mine … wear what you want to wear! If it makes you happy… Then go for it.

now me personally… And this is just for me personally…  when I have gone to Sabres games at the arena, and let’s just say at Sabres against the Rangers… and I see someone wearing a Maple leafs or Habs jersey, or any NHL jersey besides a Sabres or Rangers,  I think to myself what the F is wrong with that dude? 😂

Enjoy wearing that Sabres jersey and keep posting!

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Welcome!

I only wear street clothes to games. Even when it's the Sabres. I guess I'm old school.

I am pretty much the same exact way… Although I’ll throw on a Sabres hat most games I go to. But that’s it. but it’s not because I’m going to the games… I wear a Sabres hat a lot even outside the games. 

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, MairOfPominville said:

Wear the Sabres Jerseys. 

There is a good chance people will buy You sympathy beers for being a Sabres Fan. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Wear the Sabres Jerseys. 

There is a good chance people will buy You sympathy beers for being a Sabres Fan. 

Yes, or a fellow Sabres fan will buy you beers because you are a Sabres fan/a Buffalo fan.  When I wear my Buffalo gear out-of-market, I always get comments and they are generally positive.  Go for it!

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, SwampD said:

Welcome!

Rocked the blue "3rd" Spacek tonight.  Worked like a charm. 😉

9 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Wear the Sabres Jerseys. 

Agree about wearing what he wants.  But don't know that anyone in AZ will take pity on a Sabres fan.  

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.