Getting to know Devon Levi

Eleven

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Cool you just want to be obnoxious. Have fun. 

I did have fun. Thanks. 

You only like it when it's in one direction though don't you? Tough to look in the mirror sometimes isn't it?

3 hours ago, spndnchz said:

You don’t need to be a big body to make a difference. 

Definitely not, but it's also kind of useful to block a goalie's vision as much as possible and in general it takes a bigger body in front, or at least a tough and unafraid one, but bigger is better.

It's still a really funny image to look at Skinner trying to screen a goalie who is simply looking over his head. That was the comment that started this, and it's a funny image and always will be. 

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

They are allowed to have a lively debate and end it with a few bad words. They have been on this board and debated long enough a little *keep it in the family* slack is in order.

When the “you’re a racist” card is brought out then no that is no longer a lively debate on a hockey forum.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Flashsabre said:

When the “you’re a racist” card is brought out then no that is no longer a lively debate on a hockey forum.

And most of the time (in my opinion) when the racist card is crapped out, it’s because they don’t have the ability to debate or don’t have a logical leg to stand on regarding a topic. Look no further than politicians and “journalists” who throw it around so easily without wanting to debate a topic logically. It’s shallow. At least that’s how I see it. 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, Zamboni said:

And most of the time (in my opinion) when the racist card is crapped out, it’s because they don’t have the ability to debate or don’t have a logical leg to stand on regarding a topic. Look no further than politicians and “journalists” who throw it around so easily without wanting to debate a topic logically. It’s shallow. At least that’s how I see it. 🤷‍♂️

Well that's not what happened and there were no cards crapped out and you just wanted to make your post to make a statement but whatever, the context has been removed by the mods so it's a non issue. 

So, to direct things back to Devon Levi, he's going to be great. Really hope he gets to shine at the Olympics. Not long to wait now. 

On 2/7/2022 at 9:08 PM, Curt said:

Regardless of where you are shooting from, the goalie being screened is going to increase the likelihood that the shot goes in.

The original post you replied to said nothing about point shots.

I imagine this is a tactic we eventually see opposing teams try to utilize a lot when it comes to the smaller Levi

1 hour ago, Thorny said:

I imagine this is a tactic we eventually see opposing teams try to utilize a lot when it comes to the smaller Levi

Definitely will happen, and his size is the one thing he has to overcome but his athleticism is very good so I don't think it's a big issue. 

He's listed as the exact same height as Hasek was (but if you want to be pessimistic also Carter Hutton 🙂 )

12 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Definitely will happen, and his size is the one thing he has to overcome but his athleticism is very good so I don't think it's a big issue. 

He's listed as the exact same height as Hasek was (but if you want to be pessimistic also Carter Hutton 🙂 )

I haven’t seen him play really but I’ve been working under the assumption his raw ability/athleticism is frankly off the charts. It has to be, will need to be, to succeed at his size at the NHL level. He needs to buck a very significant trend, even more prominent nowadays. That’s the path to being the next Saros. 

Levi’s numbers are *ridiculous* right now. Historically so. We can ask ourselves how he could possibly be ranked as low as 5th on even the SABRES individual prospect list, never mind the league’s, with numbers that insanely good. 

The only answer is it’s a mark of how much of a statical trend he needs to overcome due to his size. If he was a few inches taller, he’d be the A prospect in all of hockey IMO

Edited by Thorny

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I haven’t seen him play really but I’ve been working under the assumption his raw ability/athleticism is frankly off the charts. It has to be, will need to be, to succeed at his size at the NHL level. He needs to buck a very significant trend, even more prominent nowadays. That’s the path to being the next Saros. 

Levi’s numbers are *ridiculous* right now. Historically so. We can ask ourselves how he could possibly be ranked as low as 5th on even the SABRES individual prospect list, never mind the league’s, with numbers that insanely good. 

The only answer is it’s a mark of how much of a statically trend he needs to overcome due to his size. If he was a few inches taller, he’d be the A prospect in all of hockey IMO

I think it is a size bias, nothing more. The Olympics are going to give us a taste of what he can do I think. 

Just now, PerreaultForever said:

I think it is a size bias, nothing more. The Olympics are going to give us a taste of what he can do I think. 

It’s undoubtedly a size bias, that’s what I’m saying.

And it’s statistically well drawn

• Like (+1) 1

On 2/8/2022 at 6:29 PM, PerreaultForever said:

I did have fun. Thanks. 

You only like it when it's in one direction though don't you? Tough to look in the mirror sometimes isn't it?

Definitely not, but it's also kind of useful to block a goalie's vision as much as possible and in general it takes a bigger body in front, or at least a tough and unafraid one, but bigger is better.

It's still a really funny image to look at Skinner trying to screen a goalie who is simply looking over his head. That was the comment that started this, and it's a funny image and always will be. 

Idris Elba Reaction GIF

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Idk why you hate Idris Elba so much. Dude's pretty badass. 

I guess you have special status with the admins good for you. You get to repost and manipulate things and be a dick and nothing happens. IF I get back into it I will get muted or banned and have posts removed. 

Seems fair. 

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I guess you have special status with the admins good for you. You get to repost and manipulate things and be a dick and nothing happens. IF I get back into it I will get muted or banned and have posts removed. 

Seems fair. 

Tell me, what did I manipulate?

Lol, nfreeman would love to hear that I have special status. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.