Getting to know Devon Levi

Eleven

I guess this trade is why they didn't take Wallestadt.   I was hoping for a while we'd do some variation of Sam for Merzlikins, this will be even better but long term, not tomorrow. 

Florida went from the deepest goaltender cupboard in the league to average real fast. I've always felt goaltenders were good currency. I think we have a good one here. Hopefully we don't rush these guys. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

I guess this trade is why they didn't take Wallestadt.   I was hoping for a while we'd do some variation of Sam for Merzlikins, this will be even better but long term, not tomorrow. 

Florida went from the deepest goaltender cupboard in the league to average real fast. I've always felt goaltenders were good currency. I think we have a good one here. Hopefully we don't rush these guys. 

He might be ready.  His numbers at WJC were better than Price's.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

I’m very interested in this guy.  He has basically dominated everywhere he has played for the past 2 years.

Also to become a high level goalie at 6’0”, you know he has consistently dealt with being told that that he can’t, isn’t big enough, won’t make it, etc.

He seems like an extremely determined kid.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.collegehockeynews.com/news/amp/2021/01/31_Levis-Process-Lead-to-World.php

28 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Frankly I'm more excited about him than any of the draft picks.  This guy could turn out to be nothing, but if he turns out to be Something, it's going to be a Something with a capital S.

KA is swinging for the fences with this trade.  If it turns out to be a miss he'll be reviled as a Sabres GM, but if he becomes a solid #1 he'll be hailed as a visionary. 

Twenty five years of internet.  Yeah, I've seen some pretty awful *****.

[holds up twitter blasting the trade return for Reinhart]  You see this?  All this *****?  It's not your fault.

Look at me, son.  It's not your fault.

No, no you don't.  It's not your fault.  It's not your fault.

It's not your fault.

Good Will Hunting GIF

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Frankly I'm more excited about him than any of the draft picks.  This guy could turn out to be nothing, but if he turns out to be Something, it's going to be a Something with a capital S.

This seems true. 

There are like 2 goalies in the top 30 in sv% from this season that are 6'0 or below, and they are 1 and 4 in rank. (Nedeljkovic, Saros)

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Norcal said:

"Alex Killorn, a former Harvard forward who is now with the Tampa Bay Lightning, was one of several NHL players who would return to workout with Levi's coaches in the summer. At 14 years old, he was invited on the ice to be their goalie." 👍

"I'm just a guy who will give my heart and soul to the team," Levi said. "I'll do everything I can do to win. Hopefully, I'll be able to be a piece of the puzzle and hopefully, we can win a championship.

"I just focus on what I have to do. I don't get tied up with the uncontrollable stuff. My job is to stop the puck, and I do whatever I can do to stop it. I give myself to the game, I guess you can say I'm married to the game. I love doing it. I love playing, so it's easy for me."

The kid is easy to like IMO

I got the same feeling.  Undersized goalie, 7th round pick, plays with broken rib, great attitude.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

Well, starting now, I'm a Devon Levi fan.  He's the most exciting goalie prospect we've had since Miller.  (Yes, I think he's more exciting than UPL.)  Let's have a thread for him.

https://www.sportsnet.ca/world-juniors/video/canadas-devon-levi-top-goaltender-world-juniors-history/

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/underestimate-devon-levi-at-your-own-peril

He’s not even a top two most exciting goalie prospect in the pipeline right now.

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

He might be ready.  His numbers at WJC were better than Price's.

Ready for what? How much have you been drinking?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.