GDT Sabres at Rangers 6pm 4/25/21 MSG, WGR550

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, TgeekB said:

Thanks.

Trust me, I’ll eat crow if the Sabres suddenly make it to the Cup next year with Jack. Would love nothing more. I won’t be holding my breath though. 

You are going to kill and eat Joe Crozier if the Sabres go to the Cup Finals?

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, LGR4GM said:

How about this...

Why should we get rid of Jack Eichel?

We haven’t succeeded with him. We may be able to get quite a bit for him and, perhaps, it will reap better results.

We’ve all seen team with talent, perhaps no superstar, that succeeds because the players all fit the system. We all wanted him to be the savior. It hasn’t worked out. Could it? How long will it take? It’s merely a different perspective. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

We just need a #1 center. All the young players to get better. And vezina level goaltending. 

Agree, plus I would like to see more productivity out of the scouting and drafting...we have some bad contracts and it requires a steady pipeline of younger and cheaper talent.

12 minutes ago, Let's Go B-Lo said:

So? Did we hang with them? From here it looks like we went down 3 goals and then lost by 3 goals.

Being it's a GDT I will give my observation.

They started out slow and bad and went down big.  Picked it up quite well in the 2nd and tried to push hard in the 3rd but got caught.  All in all for having a bad game they didn't give up and did their best.  It got interesting in the 3rd.  Power plays were not as good as you could hope for.

• Like (+1) 1

Our powerplay or more importantly our ability at killing our powerplay was our undoing tonight. That and goaltending. The Sabres are great at throwing the puck to each other around the outside but never actually taking shots. Its maddening. Shoot the friggin puck!

• Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, TgeekB said:

We haven’t succeeded with him. We may be able to get quite a bit for him and, perhaps, it will reap better results.

We’ve all seen team with talent, perhaps no superstar, that succeeds because the players all fit the system. We all wanted him to be the savior. It hasn’t worked out. Could it? How long will it take? It’s merely a different perspective. 

I think you think we here haven't considered that. The issue is you gotta be 100% sure you're getting better or it's ror all over and another 3-5 years of losing. 

Hence why my suggested eichel trade is Byfield, Turcotte, Bjornfoot, 2 firsts. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, TgeekB said:

hey new guy. Don't let them silence you. Take a look here and make some suggestions.

https://www.sabrespace.com/community/topic/29305-the-jack-eichel-trade-rumor-and-speculation-thread-sorry/

5 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

Already said, you just don't want to hear it. 

It's not the fact that placing our hope in the idea that Jack is some sort of uber-cancer who's mentally dragging everyone down isn't strictly possible it's that, relative to the idea that, maybe it's the players on the team who *aren't* playing at an MVP level that are the issue, the former looks like voodoo and the latter looks like chemical engineering 

Edited by Thorny

Just now, LGR4GM said:

I think you think we here haven't considered that. The issue is you gotta be 100% sure you're getting better or it's ror all over and another 3-5 years of losing. 

We can’t let ROR scare us forever. It was an epically bad move but that doesn’t mean you crawl in a hole and hide.

I agree it has to be done right AND it’s not easy. It’s easy to talk about but not easy to do. We’re just playing GM. 

2 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Our powerplay or more importantly our ability at killing our powerplay was our undoing tonight. That and goaltending. The Sabres are great at throwing the puck to each other around the outside but never actually taking shots. Its maddening. Shoot the friggin puck!

True but the PP that VO scored on was pretty good with a lot of movement.  I just wonder why they can't do that more without Jack.

1 minute ago, PerreaultForever said:

hey new guy. Don't let them silence you. Take a look here and make some suggestions.

https://www.sabrespace.com/community/topic/29305-the-jack-eichel-trade-rumor-and-speculation-thread-sorry/

I love the olive branch here. Bravo. 

This place has a reputation for chasing away new posters quickly. 

• Like (+1) 4

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

It's not the fact that placing our hope in the idea that Jack is some sort of uber-cancer who's mentally dragging everyone down isn't strictly possible, it's that, relative to the idea that, maybe it's the players on the team who *aren't* playing at an MVP level that are the issue, the former looks like voodoo and the latter looks like chemical engineering 

true, but it'll be hard to escape the burden of current history if the season shifts to "is Jack happy' or "what's wrong with Jack" or "Jack Eichel trade rumours" and maybe it's the right moment to avoid that possibility before the no trade kicks in and while we reset and rebuild with a youthful group . 

1 minute ago, Cheektorado said:

True but the PP that VO scored on was pretty good with a lot of movement.  I just wonder why they can't do that more without Jack.

That one worked out but that seems to be the only arrow in their quiver. The one with a few minutes left in the 3rd where we had to score they killed the PP without actually taking any shots. 

-Upgrade your goaltending

-Make sure this is Ristolainen's last season as a Sabre

-Don't ***** around and get cute with your forward depth suddenly; just let it grow.

That's what I've got out of the Granato era thus far

Edited by Gabrielor
  • Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Andrew Amerk said:

I love the olive branch here. Bravo. 

This place has a reputation for chasing away new posters quickly. 

For the record I'm not for chasing people away but if one's purpose is simply to provoke an argument then so be it. 

2 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

That one worked out but that seems to be the only arrow in their quiver. The one with a few minutes left in the 3rd where we had to score they killed the PP without actually taking any shots. 

There’s just no creativity there on the PP. Who are the current assistants? Ellis and Girardi? I doubt they have anything to add PP-wise. 

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.