Cozens Back at Practice!

Brawndo

12 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Johansson is not on the ice this AM

It's crazy this is where we are at. Right back at the beginning of the basics. 

Oh well - do it right this time. Practices definitely seem to be one of Krueger's biggest weaknesses. 

• Like (+1) 3

20 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

So his concussion symptoms have finally subsided long enough to get back on the ice.

That was a while!  Need to keep an eye on him going forward with head trauma.

That was not at all a long time to be out for a concussion.  What was it, 10 days?

Im actually slightly concerned about him coming back so soon.

Edited by Curt

3 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Who was the guy with too many whiteboards? DDB? So they tried lots of whiteboards, then zero whiteboards, now they are trying "medium amount of whiteboards" on the checklist. 

We're like Goldilocks and the 3 Coaches from hell. 

• Haha (+1) 5

46 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

[everyone liked that]

7 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Love that he has Cozens up top and at C with the big wingers.

Eakin being an extra is dandy, too 

Agreed.  Always wanted to see Hall-Cozens-Reinhart at least for a trial couple of games.

An encouraging beginning to the incremental changes.

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Ya like Botterill being a good GM

gettyimages-869762122-612x612.thumb.jpg.a92acf38c76bfcdb421705d788137c4b.jpg

I never said he was a good GM.  I said he was better then TM, fixed Rochester, had an actual workable plan, worked at fixing the D and rebuilt the pipeline.  I said he deserved a 4th year.  I also said he was wrong for acquiring Miller and Frolik and hated the RK hire, but liked the Montour trade, initial Scandella trade, the Skinner trade and the Jokiharju deal. I also said he failed time and again to replace ROR and failed time and again to support the team when they were playing well early in the year.  I also said he should have gotten rid of Bogo and Georges before he did.   None of that makes him good just ultimately better then his predecessor.  Granted that's a very low bar because I think TM was one of the worst GM's in NHL history. Right up there with Craig Button and Mike Milbury as GMs.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

6 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I never said he was a good GM.  I said he was better then TM, fixed Rochester, had an actual workable plan, worked at fixing the D and rebuilt the pipeline.  I said he deserved a 4th year.  I also said he was wrong for acquiring Miller and Frolik and hated the RK hire, but liked the Montour trade, initial Scandella trade, the Skinner trade and the Jokiharju deal. I also said he failed time and again to replace ROR and failed time and again to support the team when they were playing well early in the year.  I also said he should have gotten rid of Bogo and Georges before he did.   None of that makes him good just ultimately better then his predecessor.  Granted that's a very low bar because I think TM was one of the worst GM's in NHL history. Right up there with Craig Button and Mike Milbury as GMs.

just messin 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

just messin 

I understand, but the posters here seem to think that I'm some Jbot apologist.  I'm not and never have been.  I'm the guy who started the Do something Already threads and pointed out how bad the RK hire was.  I partly wanted to keep Jbot because we needed and still do (more then ever) some continuity in the organization.  He's gone and the stripped down organization is here and look where we are.  I'm not sure Jbot would have done a better job this off-season then KA did, nor am I sure he would have pulled the trigger sooner on RK, but the team was headed up in this 3 seasons.  Obviously not enough for TP, but certainly better place then we are now.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

I understand, but the posters here seem to think that I'm some Jbot apologist.  I'm not and never have been.  I'm the guy who started the Do something Already threads and pointed out how bad the RK hire was.  I partly wanted to keep Jbot because we needed and still do (more then ever) some continuity in the organization.  He's gone and the stripped down organization is here and look where we are.  I'm not sure Jbot would have done a better job this off-season then KA did, nor am I sure he would have pulled the trigger sooner on RK, but the team was headed up in this 3 seasons.  Obviously not enough for TP, but certainly better place then we are now.

Well I think relative to the board, you are. Not in actuality, you have a well formed multi-faceted, consistent view of him even if I disagree with some of it

2 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I'm not sure Jbot would have done a better job this off-season then KA did, nor am I sure he would have pulled the trigger sooner on RK, but the team was headed up in this 3 seasons.  Obviously not enough for TP, but certainly better place then we are now.

Headed up according to what metric?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.