GDT: 3/4/21 Sabres at NY Islanders 7pm ET

jsb

Montour oh my god.  We traded Guhle and first rounder for you and you can’t stand up when called upon?  

Sabres are a team that backs down.  They don’t play for each other.  The crest means nothing to them.  They are easy.  

Not a fighting league anymore, no place for it I’m told, yet the Islander guy dropped them and Montour backed down.  Just imagine if we made the playoffs and played theses guys?   They just set the tone for the next two games.  

I don’t like our players,  with only a few exceptions. 

Edited by Pimlach
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, Nitro60 said:

Sabres luck is they would get an extra two minutes tacked on.

Islanders player had already dropped his gloves and was ready to go. Montour waited for the refs to step in. But I get your point. When Matt Martin scores from behind the net off the goalies head, you have some pretty bad luck on top of major sucktitude.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, DarthEbriate said:

Hey! Look at that. Shoot it off the pad, go to the net...   you see one of these goals every few games for a regular (non-us) team.

Talked to Gilles Hamel years ago.  He said if he did not have a good shot, he would shoot at the opposite side pad to get a rebound for the guy coming down the wing.  Smart hockey.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Nitro60 said:

Talked to Gilles Hamel years ago.  He said if he did not have a good shot, he would shoot at the opposite side pad to get a rebound for the guy coming down the wing.  Smart hockey.

Back when we had... like Drury and Stu Barnes, heck even Drew Stafford, it felt like this was hockey 101.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.