2021 NHL Draft Rankings

Brawndo

8 hours ago, Thorny said:

No you are like me you want to trade the pick for a now player, and keep our best guys. Admit it!

Have been VERY "vocal" in my preference of keeping what they have & actually adding to it.

If Adams could make the cap work bringing in Danault & having 2 quality NHL goalies in house AND converting 1 OA into a young guy that's top 9 but projects to grow into top 6; heck yeah.

But we're likely not keeping Eichel & if Adams swaps out Eichel & 1OA for some version of prospects & picks to maybe, hopefully, possibly be relevant in 3 years, well ...  (And let's face it, if 1 OA is traded, that's the more likely outcome.)

Not wishing life away, but October can't get here soon enough.  This summer will stink.

13 hours ago, Taro T said:

Have been VERY "vocal" in my preference of keeping what they have & actually adding to it.

If Adams could make the cap work bringing in Danault & having 2 quality NHL goalies in house AND converting 1 OA into a young guy that's top 9 but projects to grow into top 6; heck yeah.

But we're likely not keeping Eichel & if Adams swaps out Eichel & 1OA for some version of prospects & picks to maybe, hopefully, possibly be relevant in 3 years, well ...  (And let's face it, if 1 OA is traded, that's the more likely outcome.)

Not wishing life away, but October can't get here soon enough.  This summer will stink.

What an atrocious idea. 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

What an atrocious idea. 

I believe the spirit of that suggestion would be something like Newhook for our 1OA. In the hypothetical, maybe the Avs are in love with Power or something and feel good about their current F talent. Do you make that trade?

https://www.si.com/hockey/news/2021-final-draft-rankings

Hockey Writers rankings

Simon Edvinsson at #2 is... something. 

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

I believe the spirit of that suggestion would be something like Newhook for our 1OA. In the hypothetical, maybe the Avs are in love with Power or something and feel good about their current F talent. Do you make that trade?

I guess

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Newhook isn't a top 9 who projects to a top 6 down the road. 

He's a top 6 who could be a top 3 down the road. A top 9 to me is someone like Tage Thompson who you hope is a top 6 not an A rank top prospect. I wouldn't trade 1oa for a Tage level prospect. 

He's a top 6 who could be a top 3 down the road. A top 9 to me is someone like Tage Thompson who you hope is a top 6 not an A rank top prospect. I wouldn't trade 1oa for a Tage level prospect. 

I don't think he was playing that this season, though. Top 9 would be a pretty reasonable expectation for him for say next season. Yes I'd want that first line projection too, as opposed to top 6. 

Second bold goes without saying 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Newhook is a top 6 TODAY?

Didn't say to trade 1 OA for a Tage Thompson.  He's not solidly a top 9 and he doesn't project out as a surefire top 6.

8 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Where's the :rolleyes: emoji when you really need it?

Ok, we're done here. I didn't understand your initial post and Thorny helped clarify your meaning. You want some question answered that I was not sure of and you're being a jerk about just asking it. Enjoy. 

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Ok, we're done here. I didn't understand your initial post and Thorny helped clarify your meaning. You want some question answered that I was not sure of and you're being a jerk about just asking it. Enjoy. 

Again, where's the :rolleyes: emoji when you really need it? 😉

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Can you give a few intriguing players who might be available with our second round picks? And some very upside and not necessarily high profile prospects who have slid down the board who might be available when our second round picks come up?

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Can you give a few intriguing players who might be available with our second round picks? And some very upside and not necessarily high profile prospects who have slid down the board who might be available when our second round picks come up?

Olen Zellweger would be first on my list. He is an exceptionally late bday for this draft and he put up a ppg as a defender in the WHL. Skating is sublime. 

Corson Ceulemans is another defender who looked really good at the u18s and might go a bit higher than 32 but is a name to watch. 

Ville Koivunen was very good in the j20 league in Sweden as an underager and is a selfless playmaker who can do it all. Improved skating could make him a steal. 

Chase Stillman is an OHL winger who played overseas. The book on him is that he has lots of skills but needs some confidence. 

Laim Nilsson is a guy I was just starting to do more work on. 

Sean Morrow, Isak Rosen, Tyler Boucher, Sean Behrens

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Olen Zellweger would be first on my list. He is an exceptionally late bday for this draft and he put up a ppg as a defender in the WHL. Skating is sublime. 

Corson Ceulemans is another defender who looked really good at the u18s and might go a bit higher than 32 but is a name to watch. 

Ville Koivunen was very good in the j20 league in Sweden as an underager and is a selfless playmaker who can do it all. Improved skating could make him a steal. 

Chase Stillman is an OHL winger who played overseas. The book on him is that he has lots of skills but needs some confidence. 

Laim Nilsson is a guy I was just starting to do more work on. 

Sean Morrow, Isak Rosen, Tyler Boucher, Sean Behrens

Fantastic work. Thank you. 

4 minutes ago, JohnC said:

Fantastic work. Thank you. 

I forgot one, Victor Stjernborg. Played solid in the SHL at 17... yes I said 17 as he has a May birthday. He's more of a Boston pick guy though as he doesn't have a ton of offensive skills but he's like bigger Larsson. 

2 minutes ago, Hoss said:

That’d be an interesting pick if he gets Taken. I wonder if he has a very particular set of skills.

The only problem is, if he finds you, he will kill you. 

Edited by LGR4GM
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.