Pittsburgh Acquires Kapanen From The Loafs

Brawndo

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Seems like someone we should be interested in no?

no

When I watched Kapenen on a clear break get touched by the defenders stick and bail out of the slot giving up a clear shooting opportunity, I honestly had seen all I needed to know. 

• Thanks (+1) 1

I thought the most interesting comment Adams made in his recent presser was when they were asking him about contracts in the context of roster construction.

He basically said "It will be become clear in the next month or so."

That tells me there is a plan in place that will be executed as the timing comes right.

The Kapanen trade marks the beginning of the falling dominoes. September will be an interesting month and I don't think we will be bystanders.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 2

From what I know of the prospects involved, it's basically Kapanen for pick 15.

Kapanen has hit 20 goals and 40 points once in his career. So you know it's the fact he can probably do that for two more years at just $3.2 million that the Penguins are paying for.

5 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

Wonder what the Leafs do with Evan Rodrigues? His qualifying offer is 2 Million. 

Was wondering the same. Can't see them qualifying him.

Might just be Pittsburgh needing to move a contract to balance things out, but the Leafs may also try to sign him cheap now to fill out the bottom of their roster.

34 minutes ago, dudacek said:

From what I know of the prospects involved, it's basically Kapanen for pick 15.

Kapanen has hit 20 goals and 40 points once in his career. So you know it's the fact he can probably do that for two more years at just $3.2 million that the Penguins are paying for.

At the moment, Twitter seems to be exploding with Leafs fans who think they pulled on over on Pitt...I'm not so sure though.

Kap is only 24 and is basically a 20 goal scorer...with 1rd round talent. Put him on a good line in Pitt and I think you can expect 20-25 goals in a full season.  That 15th pick? Nothing to sneeze at, but the history of mid 1st round picks shows they likely won't play in the NHL for at least 2 seasons...and not contribute in a meaning full way for 4 years (if they do at all).  Both Toronto and Pitt are in a 'win now' situation, I don't see how this doesn't help Pitt more than it does Toronto. (if it doesn't set up another trade for the Leafs maybe?)

• Like (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

That’s a very good deal for the Leafs 

That;s some leafs robbery right there. Kapanen is probably a solid 3rd line guy who can play some 2nd line time but to get Hallander and a 1st for him, Leafs win this. Hallander could be a poor mans Kapanen and you get a 15th overall pick. Crazy days. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.