Pittsburgh Acquires Kapanen From The Loafs

Brawndo

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

We could apply this to Kapenen as well as shown in the above evidence.

I don't think in the next 2 years the Pens win a cup. 

Possibly, but remember that's the Toronto microscope. Always get more juicy rumors and tidbits out of that place. Toronto media obsession with the leafs. 

I agree, I think Kapanen will do well there over the season and he will look like a legit 2nd liner but it's not enough to take them back to the cup. Nowhere near. 

Rutherford seems to be looking back to the years when they won the Cups in 2016-2017. Bringing the likes of Sheary & Kapanen back home. Kapanen was drafted by Rutherford in 2014 but was moved out in the Kessel deal. Sort of reminds me of what the Bills have done with Carolina players they're familiar with & comfortable with. The Pens have a short window to make another Cup run, with that in mind the trade makes sense imo. Especially if Bryan Rust is traded, Kapanen can fill in his spot or provide additional scoring elsewhere.

For the Leafs this was basically a cap move so they can acquire some defensive help. Lots of rumors have them targeting Pietrangelo so that extra cap space was needed. Whether or not he's the player they target remains to be seen. They also need more secondary scoring. Losing Kap hurts that a bit & will need to be replaced.

In the end i think this trade was a win for both sides, as they both got what they wanted.

• Like (+1) 1

On 8/26/2020 at 10:25 AM, LGR4GM said:

Sheary cost 3mil and Erod cost 2mil while Kahun cost 925k... not sure what bonus he hit that cost more than that. 

Kapanen is 3.2 mil

I don;t understand what Pitt is doing trading for Kapenen when they had Kahun for cheaper. 

Look I understand we all love our own guys but, and you don’t even necessarily need to AGREE with their decision but, it’s really quite obvious why they would pick Kapanen over Kahun. 

Kapenen has scored 20. Kahun, 13. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.