OT - Comedy

FogBat

1 minute ago, steveoath said:

One of Scotlands finest. If you can understand him, you may be eligible for a Scottish passport!!

The only accent, which is very similar to the Scotish accent, that I find harder to follow and really need an interpreter for is the Newfoundlandish accent.  Actually, most of the time I can't tell and don't think they are speaking English atol.  Nicest people you ever want to meet, though.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, steveoath said:

One of Scotlands finest. If you can understand him, you may be eligible for a Scottish passport!!

I was crying laughing at the Pustorius impression of the Reeva murder. His South African accent was perfect!

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Tondas said:

There's always good ol' JIm Gaffigan talkin' about McDonalds.

Not to mention bodily reactions to having that quarter pounder. I had one a few weeks ago that generated some of the worst SBDs I've had in a long time. And I did it in my truck. Just about knocked me dead.

Having said that, I've been told that the Army should use me as a biological weapon.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I've started noodling around on Netflix during The Pause. Last week, I re-watched Eddie Murphy's "Delirious". Like many (most?) people born around when I was, I could recite entire passages of that set throughout my teens. It was a gold standard of what was funny. But, man. Save for a handful of bits, it was just not funny anymore. His magnetism and charisma are undeniable. But the material mostly does not hold up. (Even the lengthy (lengthy!) bit done in his dad's drunk voice struck me more as weird and sad than it did funny.)

On the other hand, I stumbled onto Richard Pryor - Live in Concert the past few mornings on the stationary bike. And holy sh1t - THAT holds up like a motherfukcer (to borrow a phrase from the set). What a genius.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.