Buffalo Bills: 2020-2021

WildCard

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

And of course it's not based upon what I like.  I've seen so many ads for gun lockers, cat food, and swimsuits for busty women...I don't have guns, I don't have cats, and I currently am in lack of a busty woman.

man what type of court case web researching you doing that browser?

• Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Eleven said:

A friend looked at me and said "Ronnie Harmon" when that happened.

Ha - well, at least Singletary didn’t drop it in the end zone, then throw his QB under the bus, and then appear on cover of SI with more than half the ball cradled in his hands.

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Ha - well, at least Singletary didn’t drop it in the end zone, then throw his QB under the bus, and then appear on cover of SI with more than half the ball cradled in his hands.

I was mad at Ronnie Harmon for a good 15-20 years.  When I think back on it now -- he was probably just an immature kid who made a mistake and then tried to blame someone else, like so many immature kids do.  He's probably a perfectly good guy now, but his name is still mud for a generation of Bills fans.

2 hours ago, nfreeman said:

I was mad at Ronnie Harmon for a good 15-20 years.  When I think back on it now -- he was probably just an immature kid who made a mistake and then tried to blame someone else, like so many immature kids do.  He's probably a perfectly good guy now, but his name is still mud for a generation of Bills fans.

Agreed on all of that. I don't really even remember the details anymore. One thing I don't often say: In real-time, on a very non-HD broadcast, it looked like a very tough catch.

Ha. On second thought:

27 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

I found the SI article about the game, but the photo does not appear there.

I remember seeing 9 fingers on the ball in that photo.

No hard feelings towards Harmon here.  He was a player in the transition towards a dynasty.  

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, nfreeman said:

Sorry gents I must disagree.  That was a bad drop (one of at least 4 that I can recall), but it was only 1 play in a sea of offensive ineptitude.

The biggest reason they lost was that JA and Daboll were both mediocre.  They both needed to be at the top of their games for the Bills to have a chance.

And part of the reason that JA was mediocre was that at least three (Beasley, Davis and Brown) of his receivers were gimpy.  I would have traded a minor case of turf toe for Josh to have those three running full speed.

55 minutes ago, carpandean said:

And part of the reason that JA was mediocre was that at least three (Beasley, Davis and Brown) of his receivers were gimpy.  I would have traded a minor case of turf toe for Josh to have those three running full speed.

Pretty sure Diggs was dinged up as well.

And it was shocking seeing how well the KC DB's were blanketing all of them. 

Honestly the WR's weren't the issue.  They knew we were passing on every down and blitzed accordingly and the O-line wasn't good enough.  Simple.  

On that note Mel Kiper says we should grab  Alabama RD Harris and I agree with him.  He would give us what the former LSU back gives KC.  He can also catch out of the backfield and is 3 times as dynamic as Singletary and Moss.  

We still need a LB, DB and OL help.

2 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Honestly the WR's weren't the issue.  They knew we were passing on every down and blitzed accordingly and the O-line wasn't good enough.  Simple.  

On that note Mel Kiper says we should grab  Alabama RD Harris and I agree with him.  He would give us what the former LSU back gives KC.  He can also catch out of the backfield and is 3 times as dynamic as Singletary and Moss.  

If he's there in the 3rd round. 

You don't draft RB's in the first round. They are replaceable and heavily dependent on line play. I think the Bills should draft a guard. 

• Like (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

You forgot the biggest need;  TE. We got less production from the position than any other team in the NFL. Knox is a good backup. We need an impact TE. We’ve drafted RB in first 3 rounds 2 years in a row. 

9 minutes ago, freester said:

You forgot the biggest need;  TE. We got less production from the position than any other team in the NFL. Knox is a good backup. We need an impact TE. We’ve drafted RB in first 3 rounds 2 years in a row. 

TE or Edge Rusher would be my preference for 1st round as well.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, carpandean said:

Gimpy? What - a broken fibula?! Psshhh.

Also, it seemed clear to me that Brown just was not right.

55 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You don't draft RB's in the first round. They are replaceable and heavily dependent on line play. I think the Bills should draft a guard. 

I was with you until you said "guard." Then again, this is such a low 1st rounder (weird!) that a stud guard could be good value.

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

TE or Edge Rusher would be my preference for 1st round as well.

I'm all in on getting a playmaker who slots somewhere in the front 7 on D (or ... the front 6, as the case may be).

27 minutes ago, freester said:

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

And they are decent backs, but not exactly setting the world on fire.  While I generally agree on avoiding backs in the 1st rd, we are drafting at the end of the 1st rd and getting an impact player and the best available player at his position where we are drafting would be a steal imho.  Our other positions of need can be addressed in the FA market or later in the draft.  DB's like GA's Eric Stokes and Tyson Campbell will be available in the 2nd rd.  OL can be found anywhere in the draft and so can LB's (aka Milano a 5th rd pick).   TE is trickier.  If Pitts somehow falls to us, we should grab him.  

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

15 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

And they are decent backs, but not exactly setting the world on fire.  While I generally agree on avoiding backs in the 1st rd, we are drafting at the end of the 1st rd and getting an impact player and the best available player at his position where we are drafting would be a steal imho.  Our other positions of need can be addressed in the FA market or later in the draft.  DB's like GA's Eric Stokes and Tyson Campbell will be available in the 2nd rd.  OL can be found anywhere in the draft and so can LB's (aka Milano a 5th rd pick).   TE is trickier.  If Pitts somehow falls to us, we should grab him.  

I agree with most of this. Pitts is interesting, though. I’ve seen mocks that have him going as high as 9 and as low as 25.

33 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I agree with most of this. Pitts is interesting, though. I’ve seen mocks that have him going as high as 9 and as low as 25.

I've watched Pitts and Harris play a ton in the SEC.  Pitts is a once in a blue moon TE and should be drafted early, but if somehow he falls then we must take him.  

Harris had nearly 2700 yards rushing and 70 catches for over 725 yards the last 2 seasons with 50 TDS (39 rushing). I like Singletary, but he isn't Harris.  Also Harris is 6-2 230.  He is the back we need to get those 1 and 2 yards when necessary.  

John Elway never won a Super Bowl until he had Terrell Davis as his running back.  Just saying.

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

3 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

I've watched Pitts and Harris play a ton in the SEC.  Pitts is a once in a blue moon TE and should be drafted early, but if somehow he falls then we must take him.  

Harris had nearly 2700 yards rushing and 70 catches for over 725 yards the last 2 seasons with 50 TDS (39 rushing). I like Singletary, but he isn't Harris.  Also Harris is 6-2 230.  He is the back we need to get those 1 and 2 yards when necessary.  

John Elway never won a Super Bowl until he had Terrell Davis as his running back.  Just saying.

I want a back with elite speed more then a power back but I wouldn’t hate Harris.

10 minutes ago, tom webster said:

I want a back with elite speed more then a power back but I wouldn’t hate Harris.

I want that speed to Tom, but I also want a young, big fullback that can mow over linebackers, giving our tailback a real chance to use that speed off the Guards of Tackles. 

Edited by Scottysabres

Just now, Scottysabres said:

I want that speed to Tom, but I also want a young, big fullback that can mow over linebackers, giving our tailback a real chance to use that speed off the Guards of Tackles. 

Dabol doesn’t play a fullback and I like that. I do not need this offense to start being a power running team.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.