GDT: 10/24/19 Sabres @ Rangers, 7pm ET, MSG and WGR550

LGR4GM

Whatever. 

They outplayed the Rangers for most of the game. Bounces weren’t going their way. They were being a little too cute and the rebounds were there but not the clean up.

They had a couple of bad shifts and got penalized on each one. 

I didn’t see anything other than a few breakdowns being punished where the Rangers were getting lucky to not be bleeding goals. 82 game season go next. 

• Haha (+1) 2

9 hours ago, ... said:

I hope RK has put the team's collective mind right.  They better not walk in there thinking this game is already in the bag.  If NY is so bad, they should walk all over them for a full 60, nothing less. 

I guess he didn't.

1 minute ago, triumph_communes said:

Whatever. 

They outplayed the Rangers for most of the game. Bounces weren’t going their way. They were being a little too cute and the rebounds were there but not the clean up.

I didn’t see anything other than a few breakdowns being punished where the Rangers were getting lucky to not be bleeding goals. 82 game season go next. 

Sarcasm?

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Whatever. 

Yeah, those Ranger were sure lucky.  ?

3 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Whatever. 

This is not far off.  They weren’t outplayed by much tonight.  Just had a bit of an off night.  Goals are fickle.

They were outplayed 10x worse in the 2nd/3rd of the Kings game.

10 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Whatever. 

They slightly outplayed the Rags most of the game.  They carried a bit more of the play and got far more initial shots but we're very poor getting to rebounds.

And the Sabres out brain farted them at least 7 - 1(?).  (Can't recall any major ones by the Rags and may be undercounting the Sabres total.). And those were killers and the Rags capitalized on over 1/2 of them.

Oh well, hopefully Scandella and Vesey aren't out long.  (Alex, I'll take things that weren't expected too be said a month ago for $400.)

On to Motor City.  At least they don't have time to dwell on it.  Make it happen Coach Krueger!

I was there.

They were thoroughly outplayed.

Dahlin had one of the worst defensive games I’ve ever seen.  He made up for it somewhat with his offense in the third period, I guess.  But his play in their zone was unbelievably bad.  Are we allowed to talk about how bad it was?  I’m not sure.

And Jack and Skinner skated around like it was a bat mitzvah at Roller Works.  Those two need to toughen up if this team is going to be playing in the playoffs.

Again, they got spanked tonight and anyone who says otherwise wasn’t really watching.

Edited by Cascade Youth
  • Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

I was there.

Dahlin had one of the worst defensive games I’ve ever seen.  He made up for it somewhat with his offense in the third period, I guess.  But his play in their zone was unbelievably bad.  Are we allowed to talk about how bad it was?  I’m not sure.

And Jack and Skinner skated around like it was a bat mitzvah at Roller Works.  Those two need to toughen up if this team is going to be playing in the playoffs.

Again, they got spanked tonight and anyone who says otherwise wasn’t really watching.

That's how I saw it. 

7 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

I was there.

If you PM me your information, I’ll iron out the details and see if I can get you on the list. 

Shouldn’t be an issue but there’s a 4-6 week processing time. 

• Haha (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Curt said:

Yup, who needs to worry about scoring or preventing goals when you are trying to win hockey games.

You know what I mean yet you continue to discuss it.  

Winning by one goal, wining by ten goals, both give you the same result in the standings.  A win in regulation in 2 points.  Losing by one goal In regulation, or by ten goals is still zero points in the standings   

So goal differential is important but to worry about leading the league in such a stat seems premature after 11 games.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.