Sabres Announce Training Camp Dates

Brawndo

22 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Just like every single other player ever. I don't think it is a sign of anything other than playing the game. 

No it's not.  Many have publicly said they want out.  Risto isn't doing that.  Ofcourse there is still the game to be played out and he may get moved but there are many athletes who have chosen to not keep their mouth shut about it.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Everything about what Risto has said speaks to me as "I'd like to leave but of course if that doesn't happen over the next few weeks I'll play my ass off here like always, but I do think I'm probably going to get traded"

Perhaps that's just what I want to hear, but that's what it sounds like to me. 

It kind of comes across to me as he did request a trade and was told they'd try to accommodate him but will only be able to do it if they get the value they believe he should bring back.  So, the best way to get his wish and get traded is to show other GM's he's worth what Botterill says he wants in return.

In other words, mope and whine & be disruptive and you'll wind up in the press box; play hard, help the team win and you'll either be part of a winner here (and not want as badly to leave) or you'll get your wish and get the trade you want.

(Essentially, he received the "Kozlov talk.". Slava, you keep stinking and you ain't going anywhere; get yer head out of your tuckus and you can go.  He did, and he did.)

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Derrico said:

No it's not.  Many have publicly said they want out.  Risto isn't doing that.  Ofcourse there is still the game to be played out and he may get moved but there are many athletes who have chosen to not keep their mouth shut about it.

I don't agree. Ristolainens comments were bland filler.

https://www.nhl.com/sabres/news/sabres-training-camp-practice-groupings-september-13-2019/c-309104814?utm_source=t.co&utm_medium=referral

Blue Group 

Skating from 1 to 2:15 p.m. at KeyBank Center

Forwards
9 Jack Eichel
13 Jimmy Vesey
22 Johan Larsson
27 Curtis Lazar
28 Zemgus Girgensons
42 Dylan Cozens
43 Conor Sheary
46 Eric Cornel
47 Sean Malone
52 Andrew Oglevie
53 Jeff Skinner
71 Evan Rodrigues
72 Tage Thompson
81 Remi Elie

Defense
6 Marco Scandella
10 Henri Jokiharju
26 Rasmus Dahlin
33 Colin Miller
55 Rasmus Ristolainen
58 John Gilmour
78 Jacob Bryson

Goaltenders
34 Jonas Johansson
40 Carter Hutton
50 Michael Houser

3 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Sam and Casey as expected. Like the fact Smith gets a shot with good players.

The all Swede line is very intriguing.

14 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Speaking of Skinner, he was not with Jack today.

Sheary - Eichel - Vesey

oh boy am i excited for the sabers this year guize

Listening to Botts, this was exactly what I was expecting them to try in camp.

Who was Jeff with, ERod?

17 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Speaking of Skinner, he was not with Jack today.

Sheary - Eichel - Vesey

oh boy am i excited for the sabers this year guize

Botterill mentioned Crosby wrt Eichel several times this offseason so, though these are ridiculously early lines and could change, doesn’t surprise they went with this first. 

Edited by Thorny

3 hours ago, ... said:

Does anyone care if the practices are open or closed to the public?

Those of us that go every single year do.  ( And have tried to catch a day of training camp every season going back to when they'd hold TC at Sabreland.). Really like getting to see the drills the coaches are running, what sort of tempo they have, and how the players interact on the ice.

In the past (prior to Harbor Center opening) they'd simply hold training camp practices at HSBC and if people showed up, so be it.  They'd have 1 concession stand open for the handful of reporters and the 40 or so fans in attendance.

Not sure if they'd turn people away that showed up.  Was going to try to get in, but between messing my back up yesterday and having to be about an hour east of home this morning didn't have the time / inclination to head into town.

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Yessir.

So the two second line centre candidates get first shot with the two best wingers. Makes sense for that battle.

I see them thinking that Marcus and Victor could join Evan, Jeff, Sam and Casey to comprise the other two lines and the team running, essentially, 3 second lines.

Fits with Botterill’s “scoring from each line” comment.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.