"The Golden Season" — Sabres' 50th

Hoss

The Golden Season?

I feel like I've been on Oak Island for 10 years, I found a tablet that said if you tear it down, you'll find that "Golden Season" chemistry.

Unfortunately, after drilling massive holes in the island (sell everything not nailed down), I still haven't found that gold, and the curse says that elusive Stanley Cup won't be found until 7 major players are traded away. We are only on player 5, or something.

(Insert ,me as a skeleton, waiting for the treasure to be discovered meme here)

4 hours ago, Hoss said:

More likely shoulder patches but I think the primary 50th anniversary logo will be the patch 

I hope not for the shoulders. I’d rather they keep what they already had for each of the jerseys. Just a personal preference on that one. 

• 2 weeks later...

That has to be one of the laziest sites I’ve ever seen. Logos are crooked or off centered. When they put them on hoodies they don’t even bother masking off the laces, they just plunk it overtop. Lazy design work and dont get me started on the kids “designing” things. SMH

If you want to run a top notch organization, then everything needs to be attended too across the board.  No matter how small, attention to detail. This a good example of mediocrity wins, “it’s good enough” mentality.

15 minutes ago, LouBrawls said:

That has to be one of the laziest sites I’ve ever seen. Logos are crooked or off centered. When they put them on hoodies they don’t even bother masking off the laces, they just plunk it overtop. Lazy design work and dont get me started on the kids “designing” things. SMH

If you want to run a top notch organization, then everything needs to be attended too across the board.  No matter how small, attention to detail. This a good example of mediocrity wins, “it’s good enough” mentality.

Agreed.  Very amatuerish.   It's stuff like this why the NHL is considered a second rate league.

58 minutes ago, #freejame said:

one child designed one hat

And they’re not even children. People are insufferably spiteful.

Also, the brown Sabres hat that one of the daughters designed is actually fantastic.

Edited by Hoss
  • Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I'll just be happy if the Golden Season doesn't turn into a Golden Shower for us fans.

I’ll be happy if we stop playing like the Golden Seals for the Golden Season.  

Edited by Pimlach
  • Haha (+1) 2

57 minutes ago, Tondas said:

Go back to Royal Blue unis with white skates!

Please, God, no white skates.  Have a look at the 1974-5 Crapitals and the 1972-3 Meals.  Just ghastly.

3 minutes ago, E4 ... Ke2 said:

Please, God, no white skates.  Have a look at the 1974-5 Crapitals and the 1972-3 Meals.  Just ghastly.

It could be worse.  This was KIm Pegula's first prototype.

image.thumb.png.23c2773c0f8a62793d294f9f4356ceda.png

• Haha (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Hoss said:

This is so tired. Grow up.

hu·mor

/ˈ(h)yo͞omər/

noun

noun: humour; noun: humor; noun: cardinal humour; plural noun: cardinal humours; noun: cardinal humor; plural noun: cardinal humors

1.    the quality of being amusing or comic, especially as expressed in literature or speech.

2.    a concept that Hoss fails to comprehend or understand.  But since he is a member of Sabrespace, we're all good and wish him a wonderful 4th of July.

2 minutes ago, Tondas said:

hu·mor

/ˈ(h)yo͞omər/

noun

noun: humour; noun: humor; noun: cardinal humour; plural noun: cardinal humours; noun: cardinal humor; plural noun: cardinal humors

1.    the quality of being amusing or comic, especially as expressed in literature or speech.

2.    a concept that Hoss fails to comprehend or understand.  But since he is a member of Sabrespace, we're all good and wish him a wonderful 4th of July.

Humor at other’s expense isn’t humor. It’s ignorance.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.