GDT: Sabres at Wild, Sat 11/17/18, 6:00 pm

nfreeman

17 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

After Ullmark got pulled in his last outing, this win was HUGE for him.  Allowing two early goals it would have been easy for this game to get away from him and the Sabres.  Credit to him and the whole team for hanging in there.

Ullmark managed to keep us in it even after all of the 2nd-period giveaways in our own zone that ended up a SOG for team Minny. Ullmark was in battle mode.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

nah, we need some level of D still lol.     

Pilut anyone?

A comment:  He's not perfect, but I'm starting to see Casey Nelson working his way into the lineup as a steady defenseman.  He's got a decent level of physicality, knows how to advance the puck, and is a good skater.  I thought he had a pretty good game tonight.

I’m seeing a couple Minnesota fans on Twitter say Pominville was known at King of Ping with them because he was either hitting the post and missing or his shot would go off the pipe and in. That’s so incredibly appropriate for him.

I remember an OT game a couple years ago against Tampa (I believe) where his slapshot from the point on a power play went off the post and in. I was up in the last row behind that net and was so shocked how loud it was. Also as I type I realized that was like six years ago holy crap.

Edit: it was Carolina.

Edited by Hoss

Just now, Thorny said:

Sabres are 3rd in the division, 3rd in the conference, and 5th in the NHL. 

3 of the top 5 teams in the league are from the Atlantic. 

They are tied for 4th in the NHL, with Minnesota.  They have identical records although Minny has more ROW.  But we beat them straight up.  Tiebreakers be damned, we're in 4th.

35 minutes ago, Cheektorado said:

Nobody wants Sam to succeed more than me.  He just still playing the Old Sabres game.  He needs to get faster with his stick, legs and mind to

catch up to the rest of the team.  I'm still hoping he can do it.  I feel he needs to take charge of the second line and produce there.  IMO

Sam's future here is as the second line RW, along with Nylander at LW and Mitts at C. The obvious problem right now is that Mitts is still developing and Nylander is still in the minors. So I would continue to be a bit more patient with him.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

They are tied for 4th in the NHL, with Minnesota.  They have identical records although Minny has more ROW.  But we beat them straight up.  Tiebreakers be damned, we're in 4th.

It sucks that we are still only third best in our division. The presence of Tampa Bay and Toronto in our division is highly problematic for our long-term Stanley Cup plans.

8 minutes ago, FuhrUrsinne said:

Sam's future here is as the second line RW, along with Nylander at LW and Mitts at C. The obvious problem right now is that Mitts is still developing and Nylander is still in the minors. So I would continue to be a bit more patient with him.

I agree.  While I do want to be patient and have been with Sam,  I want to see a little more desire/passion.

15 minutes ago, FuhrUrsinne said:

If they're relying on Nylander to make it out of the AHL, then this is all they'll ever be.  JBotts needs a better plan than Nylander (and I suspect he has one).

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, FuhrUrsinne said:

It sucks that we are still only third best in our division. The presence of Tampa Bay and Toronto in our division is highly problematic for our long-term Stanley Cup plans.

I disagree.  We will play against the best so often, we'll learn to conquer them.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.