GDT Buffalo Sabres @ Winnipeg Jets 8:00pm ET 11/16/2018

Doohickie

33 minutes ago, ... said:

Shots wound up being 32-26.  Did not look like it.  I'm just amazed they won.  Somehow "fluke" doesn't apply although it should.  Dahlin needs to be in the shoot out.

I thought we had three of four lines outplaying them after they scored.

(and the fourth line was a draw)

33 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Overtime and the shootout had me clutching my knees and rocking back n forth like a school girl but this team has me excited and even feeling a little bit of pride for the first time in years.

Win lose or draw, I loved watching that overtime.

33 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Who knew when some said they would be happy with 2-4 on this road trip, the Sabres would win the first two... Now playing with House money... hope they just go for it against Minny.

Time to run the table!

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I thought we had three of four lines outplaying them after they scored.

(and the fourth line was a draw)

They "should" have been so buried by then it wouldn't have mattered.  That they weren't and were able to play one decent period and win, is fluky...normally.

24 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

HEART!!!!!!!

Yes, there are improvements to be made, but the team hasn't had this much heart since Drury & Briere left and we were stuck with the rotten core.  And it's not just one or two players; this whole team has heart.

19 minutes ago, Ducky said:

Do us a favor and beat Minnesota in regulation. Thanks in advance.

We'll do our best, sir.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, ... said:

They "should" have been so buried by then it wouldn't have mattered.  That they weren't and were able to play one decent period and win, is fluky...normally.

Well winterpeg did have an unusually high number of shots from the slot that Hutton was money on. He played lights out when it was needed. 

1 minute ago, Doohickie said:

Yes, there are improvements to be made, but the team hasn't had this much heart since Drury & Briere left and we were stuck with the rotten core.  And it's not just one or two players; this whole team has heart.

I like the pre-game story of them all having dinner together before the game.  That gets me right here. ❤️

What a game! 

Long story short: The Sabres walked in to Winnipeg, a place the Jets almost never lose, and weathered an early slow start to come from behind in the third period and pull out the win, holding the Jets to 1 goal, snapping Wheeler's 11-game point streak. No one else is really doing that in Winnipeg. Considering how they actually carried their share of the play in the second and third, and because of how good the Jets are, I'd say this is their most impressive win of the season.

104 point pace, one game away from 20, and 6 days from American Thanksgiving. The odds are that the Sabres are a playoff team. Hope and expectation aside. 

• Like (+1) 4

6 minutes ago, Thorny said:

What a game! 

Long story short: The Sabres walked in to Winnipeg, a place the Jets almost never lose, and weathered an early slow start to come from behind in the third period and pull out the win, holding the Jets to 1 goal, snapping Wheeler's 11-game point streak. No one else is really doing that in Winnipeg. Considering how they actually carried their share of the play in the second and third, and because of how good the Jets are, I'd say this is their most impressive win of the season.

104 point pace, one game away from 20, and 6 days from American Thanksgiving. The odds are that the Sabres are a playoff team. Hope and expectation aside. 

Pretty sure that's 3 W's in the Sabres last 4 trips to Manitoba.  You must be their good luck charm.

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

Pretty sure that's 3 W's in the Sabres last 4 trips to Manitoba.  You must be their good luck charm.

Yup. As to being their good luck charm, it took a loooooooong time to get that 1st W in that stretch. The Reinhart hat trick game. The first Sabres win I ever saw in person!

4 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Yup. As to being their good luck charm, it took a loooooooong time to get that 1st W in that stretch. The Reinhart hat Irick game. The first Sabres win I ever saw in person!

So what, we don't mind that it took a while to figure out the correct pregame meal & right pair of undies.  The important thing is you figured it out & it's working.

And, had you figured it out 1 year earlier, we might be watching Strome as our key performer.  Bad things, man, bad things.

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, darksabre said:

Can we talk about how electric that Pommers shootout goal was?

I was saying to my Dad, he's the true hero of the game. He's the only one that HAD to score. Nerves of steel. Hutton too, but that's a more common situation for a goalie.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.