Donald J Trump, your thoughts on his Presidency

LGR4GM

8 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Ya some are worse than Trump. ?

Who cares? We are here discussing the unconstitutional and unamerican behavior of Trump. Trump is terrible and we have ever mounting proof of it. Play ball with us, do a favor for us, and then you get our defense support. That's what just happened. Interestingly for a guy who doesn't want to be seen as in bed with the Russians was willing to toss Ukraine under the bus, a country that Russia invaded and illegal holds territory in. 

Edited by LGR4GM

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-told-russian-officials-in-2017-he-wasnt-concerned-about-moscows-interference-in-us-election/2019/09/27/b20a8bc8-e159-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html

Again: if the system of checks and balances worked as intended, Trump and many of his administration would be on the fast track to removal from office. And after that, perhaps prison. 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/09/27/politics/white-house-restricted-trump-calls-putin-saudi/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

And more. Seems once the whistleblower showed the courage to formally report the corruption, the floodgates have opened. 

At this point, you either support Trump or support the United States, the Constitution, and the rule of law. 

Edited by TrueBlueGED

1 hour ago, TrueBlueGED said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/national-security/trump-told-russian-officials-in-2017-he-wasnt-concerned-about-moscows-interference-in-us-election/2019/09/27/b20a8bc8-e159-11e9-b199-f638bf2c340f_story.html

Again: if the system of checks and balances worked as intended, Trump and many of his administration would be on the fast track to removal from office. And after that, perhaps prison. 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/09/27/politics/white-house-restricted-trump-calls-putin-saudi/index.html?__twitter_impression=true

And more. Seems once the whistleblower showed the courage to formally report the corruption, the floodgates have opened. 

At this point, you either support Trump or support the United States, the Constitution, and the rule of law. 

Pretty bold statement there. 

54 minutes ago, Weave said:

I don’t see how you could support Trump and also support the rule of law anymore.  The two have become mutually exclusive.

You forgot the part about supporting the United States and Constitution. Allegedly I’m guilty of not supporting all three. 

Trump definitely has his faults. I still prefer him over her. 

8 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

You forgot the part about supporting the United States and Constitution. Allegedly I’m guilty of not supporting all three. 

I find this fascinating, but not surprising. Not you in particular, but anyone who feels this way.

25 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I find this fascinating, but not surprising. Not you in particular, but anyone who feels this way.

WARNING: LONG POST

She’s no more wishy washy than most politicians and I didn’t really start paying attention to the news and such until Bush Jr. My hang up is in hind sight Iraq didn’t have a solid foundation but we went in anyway. Then we have the Fast and Furious operation along with Lois Learner and the IRS issue. We pull out of Iraq in a pretty quick manner adding to a power vacuum filled by ISIS, described as “JV”. Bin Laden is killed and it’s leaked which team did it for no reason. We had the NSA doing illegal stuff and torture of detainees. These issues span two presidencies and both parties.

HRC vs Trump specifically. He appeared as something on the outside from the above. Not a continuation of what came before. My last thoughts of her as I have stated before is the classified emails and Benghazi. More importantly is Benghazi. Between her and Obama they failed to take the intel at hand and make a common sense decision on security. Four families lost someone as a result of bad decision making and indirectly from an ISIS filled power vacuum in the region. Not to mention the training and supplying of supposed moderates.

Sorry for how long this is. We all have our particulars we give more attention to when it comes to politics. Between the last two administrations it seems like they didn’t give much thought to life and death decisions. Trump hasn’t started any new wars and at least got KJU to meet. Where that goes I don’t know but I’m willing to reserve final judgement until his term is done. 

6 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Trump has been stepping all over Constitutional law and American norms since the day he took office.  The comment was severe, but utterly defensible.

14 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

She doesn't matter anymore.  And even if she did, she isn't a valid reason for Trump to do what he does.  @TrueBlueGED is right; one cannot simultaneously support Trump and also support the country and the Constitution.

Edited by Eleven

22 minutes ago, Eleven said:

She doesn't matter anymore.  And even if she did, she isn't a valid reason for Trump to do what he does.  @SwampD is right; one cannot simultaneously support Trump and also support the country and the Constitution.

Not sure I said that, but at least I agree.

And no forward progress has been make with regard to KJU, unless you mean more missile testing since the visit. I’m almost of the mind that Trump only went to visit him because he wanted to see how a truly successful totalitarian dictator went about his business.

Edited by SwampD

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Not sure I said that, but at least I agree.

And no forward progress has been make with regard to KJU, unless you mean more missile testing since the visit. I’m almost of the mind that Trump only went to visit him because he wanted to see how a truly successful totalitarian dictator went about his business.

Oops.  Corrected.

13 hours ago, Weave said:

Trump has been stepping all over Constitutional law and American norms since the day he took office.  The comment was severe, but utterly defensible.

I’m just stating my perspective on things. I get where you guys are coming from though. If I had to guess you guys feel similarly about Trump as I do about other people. 2020 will be interesting and I look forward to this board on election night. However it turns we will have fun.

• Like (+1) 1

Do you support Trump or the Constitution it is that simple. And yes, it is now one or the other. 

This is the presidents personal lawyer saying this. We are in a constitutional crisis. The House Intel Committee is not a joke but here is a guy saying just that and I bet you money that Trump thinks the same. 

Asked if he was concerned he would be subpoenaed by the House, Giuliani laughed.

"I consider them a joke. A sad joke. They have no legitimacy. I would think of challenging their subpoena on the grounds that they're not a legitimate committee," Giuliani said.

Edited by LGR4GM

On 9/28/2019 at 1:48 AM, SABRES 0311 said:

Between the last two administrations it seems like they didn’t give much thought to life and death decisions. Trump hasn’t started any new wars and at least got KJU to meet. Where that goes I don’t know but I’m willing to reserve final judgement until his term is done. 

He's trying very hard to start one with Iran.

50 minutes ago, Eleven said:

*****face just hit Italian cheeses with a tariff.

He now is coming after my heritage.  It will be Ireland soon.  Then another Catholic country.

I’ll bet he hits Deutchland with nothng.

Too late.  Scotch and Irish whiskeys hit with a 25% tariff too.

The new face of conservativism.  anti-free trade and pro taxation.

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Weave said:

Too late.  Scotch and Irish whiskeys hit with a 25% tariff too.

The new face of conservativism.  anti-free trade and pro taxation.

He's not a conservative; he's not a liberal.  He's a Trump.  The Trump is for the Trump and nothing else.  

59 minutes ago, Eleven said:

He's not a conservative; he's not a liberal.  He's a Trump.  The Trump is for the Trump and nothing else.  

He's a Republican. And before someone says not really, when the Republican party stops groveling at his feet like he's their emperor, he's a Republican. 

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

He's a Republican where it matters most. He appoints bible thumping conservatives to the courts as he promised. He's also pro tax cut, anti business regulations, anti-environment and anti-immigrant. He's always ready to give the military a blank check, and he's not exactly anti-gun in any way that matters.

So how is he not a conservative, especially in the modern sense? Because of deficit spending or something? Republicans/Conservatives don't give the debt any more than lip service unless a Democrat is in the White House, so I don't see how that even applies.