Donald J Trump, your thoughts on his Presidency

LGR4GM

On 9/22/2019 at 2:06 PM, SABRES 0311 said:

Did I ever say the situation didn’t look bad? No. Trumps administration is actually making it look almost obvious.

Only reason I inserted myself into this is because you used a garbage article. You yourself admitted their verbiage was not good. 

Let me be clear. If Trump is found guilty of crimes warranting impeachment I will support it. It has to be proven with real information not comments appealing to emotions. 

It was not garbage. Verbiage was meh but it was not garbage. Why don't you focus on the issue at hand.

There was a complaint. The WH is trying to bury the complaint even though it was found to be credible enough by the IG. That's the issue. 

18 hours ago, drnkirishone said:

Won't happen. Enough evidence will never appear to get Republicans to support impeachment.  The reason enough evidence will never appear is simple. No amount of evidence would ever get them to support impeachment

Exactly because the are complicit in Trump's utter disregard for law. 

Edited by LGR4GM

It emerged last week that the Trump administration was blocking the whistleblower complaint from being handed over to Congress, despite the intelligence inspector general judging it to be "urgent".

Under US law, if a complaint is considered to be of "urgent concern", and if the inspector general considers the complaint to be "credible", then the department head is expected to share the information with Congress within seven days.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49793408

Odd, if it is nothing why are you breaking the law to keep it away from Congress? 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-49793408

Odd, if it is nothing why are you breaking the law to keep it away from Congress? 

I have that answer. Fake news, deep state, Clinton's, and hell let's throw in some elvis conspiracies

Edited by drnkirishone

2 hours ago, SwampD said:

Looks like I'm getting some overtime.

Now that right there is irony.  Part of the economy definitely doing well under a Trump Presidency is the media/news he loathes so much.

Edited by Weave
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Not sure what you do but I guess we'll get to the bottom of this at some point. 

Probably not tomorrow though. I'd doubt the transcript we get isn't edited to hell. 

The Republican response may have been one of the lamest partisan responses I have ever heard. That guy just sounded like a complete dolt.

Edited by SwampD

11 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

If the transcript is written in sharpie it will get me through the rest of the day.?

Please please let this be true. I also am hoping for rampant spelling errors. 

12 hours ago, SwampD said:

The Republican response may have been one of the lamest partisan responses I have ever heard. That guy just sounded like a complete dolt.

Which guy? Gotta be specific. 

I will say Polosi sounded as lame as ever when she talked about starting an inquiry. 

On 9/21/2019 at 5:13 PM, SABRES 0311 said:

Probably. The other problem I have with this situation is the whistleblower may be incorrect. 

On 9/21/2019 at 11:48 PM, SABRES 0311 said:

I know for a fact it happens.

You're right.  People make mistakes all the time, and people lie all the time.  But this appears to be credible and serious enough to warrant an investigation into whether the whistleblower is correct, so on with it.

If the system of checks and balances enshrined in the Constitution functioned as intended by the founders, Trump (and Barr, and maybe a few others) would be on the fast track to impeachment and removal from office. The full whistleblower report is bad. It's the smoking gun of direct activity by Trump that Mueller was never able to uncover during the Russia investigation. 

As is, they probably all survive at least until January 2021.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

If the system of checks and balances enshrined in the Constitution functioned as intended by the founders, Trump (and Barr, and maybe a few others) would be on the fast track to impeachment and removal from office. The full whistleblower report is bad. It's the smoking gun of direct activity by Trump that Mueller was never able to uncover during the Russia investigation. 

I just read it. Holy *****. 

Unclassified09.2019 (1).pdf

2 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

I think it is painfully evident by the Republican efforts to stock judges, stonewall Democrat judge nominations, flat out refuse to debate legislation produced outside of the leadership group, and power grab at all levels of government, that we are no longer operating with a working system of checks and balances.

The great experiment appears to be over.

5 minutes ago, Weave said:

I think it is painfully evident by the Republican efforts to stock judges, stonewall Democrat judge nominations, flat out refuse to debate legislation produced outside of the leadership group, and power grab at all levels of government, that we are no longer operating with a working system of checks and balances.

The great experiment appears to be over.

I agree. Instead of actually asking question of the Acting Director of National Intelligence they just repeatedly went after their colleagues for apparently asking him any questions at all. I'm sorry but the Republican party has ceased to exist and has been replaced with the Trump Fascist Party. 

"Fascism is a form of far right-wing, authoritarian ultranationalism characterized by dictatorial power, forcible suppression of opposition, and strong regimentation of society and of the economy" https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fascism

Outside of perhaps the regimentation of the economy, everything else lines up. I never thought I would type that in my life.