ROR Watch - Who Is Our 2nd Line Center If ROR Is Traded?

GASabresIUFAN

ROR trade?????  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Will ROR get traded?

• Yes, and soon
    • Not before this coming season
    • At the trade deadline if the Sabres are out of it
    • After the 2018-19.
  2. 2. If Yes, to whom?

• St. Louis
    • NYI
    • Montreal
    • Boston
    • Other
  3. 3. Who takes over at 2nd C if ROR is traded

• Mittelstadt
    • Reinhart
    • FA like Bozak or Nash
    • Some acquired in trade such as??

I suspect all negotiations to date were based on a trade on or after 7/1, taking into account that ROR's payday was picked up by the Sabres. That's why all the rumors popping up the last few days followed by official denials.  Every deal was assumed to take place today or later.  I don't think this affects likelihood at all.

What affects the likelihood of a trade is Bozak signing with the Blues.  That means they're out of the ROR picture.  Once Tavares signs then the suitors for ROR will be apparent, and a bidding war may ensue.Or not.

Well said.

“Bozak - UFA, 32. Excellent in the faceoff circle, decent playmaker, goal scoring seemed to slip last year. Really suited for 3rd line role at this point in his career. ”

Doesn’t that describe ROR though? Change the age and swap 3rd line to 2nd. I don’t understand the people that want to get rid of a solid player, just because there might be a locker room problem. Especially when they base it off of one comment in a presser at the end of the season that saw them in last place.

Losing mindset....passing off AHL JAGs as NHL talent is not a mindset.

“Bozak - UFA, 32. Excellent in the faceoff circle, decent playmaker, goal scoring seemed to slip last year. Really suited for 3rd line role at this point in his career. ”

Doesn’t that describe ROR though? Change the age and swap 3rd line to 2nd. I don’t understand the people that want to get rid of a solid player, just because there might be a locker room problem. Especially when they base it off of one comment in a presser at the end of the season that saw them in last place.

Losing mindset....passing off AHL JAGs as NHL talent is not a mindset.

And the difference between 2nd liners and 3rd liners is about 4 mill.

It's a definite possibility.

In fact, I would do it if I were Buffalo and use it as a chip to increase the return.  If the receiving team doesn't have to pay ROR $7.5M, JBot can parlay into another quality roster player in the deal or something.

If the Sabres have already paid for ROR this year, it will take that much more to pry him out of JBot's hands.

Edited by Doohickie

Did anybody hear Botterill's press conference? Lost the signal right when he started talking about O'Reilly. So any recap would be appreciated.

As expected, he said they didn't want arbitration for Wilson which is why they didn't give him a QO but that they did always hooe to re-sign him.

And w/ all the coaching ties to Hutton, they thought he was a good fit.

Lets assume for arguments sake that ROR is staying, but Jbot still wants to change the lockerroom. Does this put Risto back on the trading block? Would Riso plus Klefbom and a winger make sense.

Like ROR, I’m not for making the move, but other then getting rid of Lehner, not many key voices have been moved. Bogo, Pommers, RoR, KO and Risto are all still here. Crappy vets Larsson and Girgnensonsare still here.

Lets assume for arguments sake that ROR is staying, but Jbot still wants to change the lockerroom. Does this put Risto back on the trading block? Would Riso plus Klefbom and a winger make sense.

Like ROR, I’m not for making the move, but other then getting rid of Lehner, not many key voices have been moved. Bogo, Pommers, RoR, KO and Risto are all still here. Crappy vets Larsson and Girgnensonsare still here.

Thing is, Edmonton's wingers are worse than ours. Puljujarvi for a change of scenery move? There's nothing there I want.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.