What Would It Take To Trade First Overall?

Brawndo

I would definitely do a Lindros style trade. It would have to include a very good goalie and a very good powerplay defenceman that are both in the 1st half of their prime and have contract terms that work with our upcoming cap years. I’m not sure what else I’d require. Depends on the specific names of the goalie and D man I guess.

I would definitely do a Lindros style trade. It would have to include a very good goalie and a very good powerplay defenceman that are both in the 1st half of their prime and have contract terms that work with our upcoming cap years. I’m not sure what else I’d require. Depends on the specific names of the goalie and D man I guess.

That Lindros trade resulted in multiple Cups for Colorado (Quebec).   He was a can't miss prospect, and he had a decent career that was short circuited by injury.    Colorado on the other hand... Forsberg, Ricci, Duchesne were key contributors in their Cup runs.

I'd do a deal for Martin Jones, Brenden Dillon, and Tomas Hertl.... plus they would need to take Bogosian's contract off our hands. 

Or a deal with TBL who have some cap issues...

BUF 1st overall, Ryan O'Reilly, and Zach Bogosian for Kucherov, Point, Sergachev, and JT Miller.  

That Lindros trade resulted in multiple Cups for Colorado (Quebec).   He was a can't miss prospect, and he had a decent career that was short circuited by injury.    Colorado on the other hand... Forsberg, Ricci, Duchesne were key contributors in their Cup runs.

I'd do a deal for Martin Jones, Brenden Dillon, and Tomas Hertl.... plus they would need to take Bogosian's contract off our hands. 

BUF 1st overall, Ryan O'Reilly, and Zach Bogosian for Kucherov, Point, Sergachev, and JT Miller.  

Would Tampa trade those guys for Jones, Dillon, and Hertl?

Whoops. 

That Tampa trade is a haul. I'd do that in a second.

Yeah it is.    But, it wouldn't work because it wouldn't help them cap wise.... They'd be trading away $6m (JT Miller is an RFA)... and bringing in $12.5m (ROR+Bogo).

Id need more

huh?

When teams are calling to ask about first overall and are suggesting the return for the pick, McDavid is one of the few holy crap names not mentioned. I get the impression that Auston Matthews was floated by the Leafs as a trial balloon per White this AM

When teams are calling to ask about first overall and are suggesting the return for the pick, McDavid is one of the few holy crap names not mentioned. I get the impression that Auston Matthews was floated by the Leafs as a trial balloon per White this AM

Ah gotcha. So the entire league agrees with us about what we would take for 1st overall, and that's only McDavid

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.