OT: Best Players In Hockey Movies

ubkev

So this idea just came to me. Who are the best fictional hockey players in movie history? Miracle need not apply, as them boys are real.

Dean Youngblood? Ned Braden? John Biebe? Xavier LaFlamme? Adam Banks? Reg Dunlop(in his youth)? Derek Sutton? Gunner Staal? Doug Dorsey?

There are many more, feel free to add.

Let's have it. Who's the all time best?

Gotta be Doug Dorsey. He's the only guy in that group who played for the national team and had any shot at the NHL.

Dorsey is fragile. Sutton was going number 1 in the draft til Racki went all McSorley on him.

Eddie Lebec played in the NHL.

Even if he was a ###### Bruin.

Oooh good call. And a goalie at that.

Dorsey is fragile. Sutton was going number 1 in the draft til Racki went all McSorley on him.

Sutton had no hockey sense. Gotta keep your head up around a guy like Racki.

Sutton had no hockey sense. Gotta keep your head up around a guy like Racki.

It was completely blindsided AFTER play had already been stopped while the puck was in the net. Might as well have happened in the parking lot! Sutton had it all! And the best hair to boot.

Eddie Lebec played in the NHL.

Even if he was a ###### Bruin.

TV show. I'll allow it!

It was completely blindsided AFTER play had already been stopped while the puck was in the net. Might as well have happened in the parking lot! Sutton had it all! And the best hair to boot.

TV show. I'll allow it!

He did have nice hair. But he needed to be smarter. They all knew Racki was capable of something like that. You don't turn your back on a psychopath.

Xavier LaFlamme...what happened? Number 3 overall and he can't seem to put it together.

Ned Braden: Tons of smarts and skills but does he really want it? Maybe that's why he can't get out of The Federal League.

Adam Banks: big time player at top Minnesota prep school, just like Crosby and Parise. Where does he go from here?

Dean Youngblood: Pure speed and skills. Can dangle, can finish, can set up a teammate. But does he have the grit? Can he develop some toughness?

Gunner Staal: Monster Scandinavian power forward. Could be the next Peter Forsberg.

Problem with Gunnar Stahl is no hockey sense. Dude is loaded with talent but takes what is arguably the dumbest penalty shot in the world against the Ducks. Braindead.

But he's only 16. Aren't all 16 year olds braindead? Can he be coached up? Was it a temporary lapse? Or is he destined to be Zach Kassian?

But he's only 16. Aren't all 16 year olds braindead? Can he be coached up? Was it a temporary lapse? Or is he destined to be Zach Kassian?

I think you gotta show some mental game even by 16. Gunnar is out to lunch. Maybe he was badly coached? Maybe even ruined as a hockey player by that point? 

I think you gotta show some mental game even by 16. Gunnar is out to lunch. Maybe he was badly coached? Maybe even ruined as a hockey player by that point?

He was definitely poorly coached. Wolf Stansson was a plug that lasted for 2 minutes in bigs and he coaches his players the same way.

Speaking of coaches, something to be said for Gordon Bombay. Out of the game since his youth, comes back to hockey after a decade off and a successful law career, to work his way up through the minors. The athleticism there is very impressive.

Fulton Reed is a 1 trick pony! Can't skate, can't pass, can't hardly hit a dang thing with the puck. He's Happy Gilmore without the golf game!

But that shot, and his accuracy got better, he has a December birthday, so he was much younger than his competition. That's a big deal (so I've read here) his curve is very high and he's got the best coach in the universe.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.