Rasmus Asplund Signed to ELC

Brawndo

For those that forget this was thought to be one of the key pieces to the Mark Pysyk trade with Florida back in the 2016 draft. 

The players traded were Kulikov going to Buffalo and Pysyk to Florida.  But Buffalo moved up 5 spots with the deal as well.  It was rumored at the time XGMTM really wanted Asplund.

Good. We really need some picks to start panning out, or at least providing organizational depth. 

This.

He's probably my 2nd favorite prospect (3rd if you count Dahlin)

Me too.  Not going to wow you with a ton of points but I think he could be an excellent 3rd line centre in time.  Plays a very well rounded game (ie. knows what the heck he's doing in his own zone).

How many Rasmus can we have on the team at one time? 

Well we could draft another one at 32, either Kupari or Sandin so... at least 4. 

Note, Kupari shouldn't be there at 32 but Sandin has a good shot. 

Edited by Skurk Liger

Here's a decent write up on him despite it being dated.

https://www.habseyesontheprize.com/2016/6/8/11861538/rasmus-asplund-2016-nhl-entry-draft-picks-prospect-profile-scouting-report-rankings-highlights

His rankings going into the draft were a bit all over the place but many had him as a later first rounder that slid a few spots likely due to his somewhat smaller size. 

Sabres have him listed at 5'11 176 lb.  He's going to have to add to that frame or fear of being rag dolled if/when he gets a shot.

Asplund: well-coached, two-way centerman with a smart stick and sneaky vision. Competes in all three zones. Can play in traffic but also gain space to draw in D and dish. Good checking routes. Not going to blow you away with point totals but has potential to be important player.

Kris Baker@SabresProspects now11 seconds ago

More

Asplund: well-coached, two-way centerman with a smart stick and sneaky vision. Competes in all three zones. Can play in traffic but also gain space to draw in D and dish. Good checking routes. Not going to blow you away with point totals but has potential to be important player.

Sounds a little like ROR.

Is it just me, or are we having a good off-season so far?

Pilut, Oglevie, Nelson, Olofsson, Borgen, this, Kane, and of course the lottery?

I know the last two were out of his control, but it feels like Botterill had a grocery list of to-dos and he’s just methodically ticking them off.

Edited by dudacek

Is it just me, or are we having a good off-season so far?

Pilut, Oglevie, Nelson, Olofsson, Borgen, this, Kane, and of course the lottery?

I know the last two were out of his control, but it feels like Botterill had a grocery list of to-dos and he’s just methodically ticking them off.

I will say Botterill seems very methodical. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.