Bealieau, Wilson, & Guhle - Sabres Next Season?

GASabresIUFAN

More Roster Sports  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Bealieau

• Makes the Sabres opening day roster
    • Jbot trades him this off-season
    • He is sent to the AHL
    • He is bought out
  2. 2. Wilson (RFA)

• Signs a deal this off-season and makes the club
    • Qualifying offer made and the his rights are traded
    • Signed, but doesn't make the team and is sent to the minors
    • Is not even offered a qualifying deal and becomes a UFA
  3. 3. Guhle

• Wins a job in camp and is on the Sabres opening night roster
    • Loses the D battle and is sent down to Rochester
    • Traded in a deal to bring a veteran player to Buffalo

There are arguments that all 3 will make the Sabres next year but..........

The Defense is getting crowded and that is a good thing.  Dahlin is being added to a top 4 that includes Risto and Scandella.  Bealieau and McCabe have 1 year left on their deals.  Bogo and Nelson have two years left.  That's 7 players right there.  Guhle still has 2 years left on his ELC and can be sent down without clearing waivers.  Pilut looks also to be signing with the Sabres.  

The Sabres arguably have all 4 jobs on the LW up for grabs right now.  ERod has the inside track for at least one of the those jobs.  That leaves Wilson fighting with Bailey, Girgensons, Larsson, Smith, possibly Olofsson and maybe even Nylander for the other 3 jobs. Also who knows who else Jbot brings in this summer.

Despite his lack of talent, Wilson sits somewhere between 6 and 10 on the depth chart up front right now and represents the attitude, smarts and speed the Sabres want on the wing. He also plays our weakest position.

He makes the team, but hopefully gets pushed to the fourth line.

With the addition of Dahlin and the return of Bogosian and McCabe, I think Guhle starts the year in Rochester even if the Sabres don’t acquire another defenceman. If Botterill means what he’s says about development, he will want him to force himself into the lineup by dominating in the AHL. He will come up at some point next year (probably when Bogosian gets hurt) and stay.

I see Nelson and Beaulieu occupying the 6/7 slots to start with Beaulieu being given an opportunity to reclaim his career. He will fail and be out of the organization by next summer.

I voted for all 3 in the AHL to start the season. 

It's certainly possible, especially when you consider that about 40% of Beaulieu's cap hit would be saved by sending him down.  The only real issue with sending Wilson and or Beaulieu down is that we'd likely lose them to waivers.  Some people may not have an issue with that, but I don't think Jbot would want to lose them for nothing.  

I voted for all 3 in the AHL to start the season. 

Optimistic.

I think within the context of building the team from the farm club up, there will be no impetus to hurry people up to the NHL.  I think Guhle has shown he's ready and will likely be on the Sabres opening night roster.  Wilson is a footsoldier that executes HCPH's system with no muss, no fuss; I think he's also on the opening night roster. 

The only doubt in my mind is Bowl-You, but I chose the option that he will be on the opening night roster too.  Opening night D may end up being:

Risto-McCabe

Scandella-Dahlin

Guhle-Bogo

Bowl-You

Bogo will play his obligatory 13 games before getting injured which will give Pilut a few weeks to get accustomed to North American ice.  Either he or Casey Nelson will be the first callup. 

Despite his lack of talent, Wilson sits somewhere between 6 and 10 on the depth chart up front right now and represents the attitude, smarts and speed the Sabres want on the wing. He also plays our weakest position.

He makes the team, but hopefully gets pushed to the fourth line.

With the addition of Dahlin and the return of Bogosian and McCabe, I think Guhle starts the year in Rochester even if the Sabres don’t acquire another defenceman. If Botterill means what he’s says about development, he will want him to force himself into the lineup by dominating in the AHL. He will come up at some point next year (probably when Bogosian gets hurt) and stay.

I see Nelson and Beaulieu occupying the 6/7 slots to start with Beaulieu being given an opportunity to reclaim his career. He will fail and be out of the organization by next summer.

Does Nelson need to clear waivers?  In my mind I see Guhle as ahead of Nelson on the depth chart.

Optimistic.

I think within the context of building the team from the farm club up, there will be no impetus to hurry people up to the NHL.  I think Guhle has shown he's ready and will likely be on the Sabres opening night roster.  Wilson is a footsoldier that executes HCPH's system with no muss, no fuss; I think he's also on the opening night roster. 

The only doubt in my mind is Bowl-You, but I chose the option that he will be on the opening night roster too.  Opening night D may end up being:

Risto-McCabe

Scandella-Dahlin

Guhle-Bogo

Bowl-You

Bogo will play his obligatory 13 games before getting injured which will give Pilut a few weeks to get accustomed to North American ice.  Either he or Casey Nelson will be the first callup. 

Does Nelson need to clear waivers?  In my mind I see Guhle as ahead of Nelson on the depth chart.

Nelson has to clear waivers.

Definitely expect Wilson on the roster (anywhere from 2LW - 4LW).

Expect Guhle in Ra-cha-cha to start but expect he'd be 1st guy called up & likely playing ahead of the 2 D sitting in the pressbix while he's playing in Ra-cha-cha.

Beaulieu - is a tougher call. For whatever reason, Housley seems to like him. My preference us that he's traded for whatever his market is; barring that, let him be #8. But expect Phil to find a way to justify to himself that Nathan belongs on the 3rd pairing.

I still don't know who Wilson is.

Just another marginal talent who we picked up off the scrap heap. I think he played for 3 clubs last year. Since our GM feels the need to go get his former draftees (Pittsburgh), I think that's about the main reason he is on the club.

Oh come on, he was better than that.  He's not a top-six guy, but he plays with urgency, is responsible defensively and fits in well with the system.  He's not part of the longterm core or anything, but he's a better fit for the team than Josefson or Pouliot I would say.

Edited by Doohickie

Wilson is a dime a dozen skill-wise, but he is fast, works hard and makes good decisions - three qualities this team needs more of.

When more skilled guys can play the same he will be replaced, but he conducts himself like a pro.

Wilson is a dime a dozen skill-wise, but he is fast, works hard and makes good decisions - three qualities this team needs more of.

When more skilled guys can play the same he will be replaced, but he conducts himself like a pro.

Yep. I am pretty sure it's going to be impossible to make the forward lineup too talented for him in one offseason, and we could do worse than Scott (just last year, Griffith, Pominville, Moulson, Nolan, Larsson were all clearly worse and all played double digit games). 

Just like Carrier before him, he was very much not a top 6 player, but was a very real chemistry piece with ROR and Reinhart, and his presence on the line complemented it, it didn't take away from the line's effectiveness like Pominville did in his top 6 stints, even though Pommers had more goals in that role. 

Edited by Randall Flagg

That's a good way to put it.  And even when the Sabres are "good," there will always be a place for a player like that (even if it's only the 4th line).

I think we all want him gone.  Not sure how to accomplish that though... he's got a year left, right?  They can Moulson him or trade him.

Short of convincing Housley he was hitting on his wife, not too many ways to make it happen. ;) :(

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.