Buffalo Bills 2018-2019

WildCard

7 minutes ago, Hoss said:

Fun fact: he was garbage today

This is true. It's also true that until this game hit pure garbage time, Tyrod had more yards rushing than our entire offense had produced.

Really though, I think there's a lot of talking past one another here on Tyrod. Whether anyone thinks it was smart/dumb to move on from him without an obviously better solution in the fold, I think we can all unify around the idea that emerging from the offseason with Nathan Peterman at the top of the depth chart was a clear organizational failure.

Edited by TrueBlueGED

1 minute ago, TrueBlueGED said:

This is true. It's also true that until this game his pure garbage time, Tyrod had more yards rushing than our entire offense had produced.

Really though, I think there's a lot of talking past one another here on Tyrod. Whether anyone thinks it was smart/dumb to move on from him without an obviously better solution in the fold, I think we can all unify around the idea that emerging from the offseason with Nathan Peterman at the top of the depth chart was a clear organizational failure.

Yes. This mess from top to bottom is McBeane's baby. 

And Tyrod's 34% completion and 107 yards would not have translated to the rain throwing to Kerley against Eric Weddle in any meaningful way. 

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

I'm sad that Teddy Bridgewater is sitting on a bench while we try to figure out what to do next week. 

Even with Teddy's knee uncertainty.

Yup. For about the same money, we signed McCarron and moved him for a 5th. I'm going to keep screaming from the mountaintop that McBeane hasn't shown to have a single shred of offensive acumen.

Those noises you hear are Bills fans everywhere crashing back down to Earth from the ridiculous euphoria that enveloped them.

They sucked last year.  They still suck.  They are probably even worse than last year. I can't even imagine getting mad about anything related to this team.  The argument over which QB would suck less is entertaining but to be calling names like that over it? Let's be real...

Tom Brady could start for the Bills and the end result might be 10 points instead of 3 today and they'd probably still go 0-16.

Accept it now and save yourself the grief.

1 minute ago, LTS said:

Those noises you hear are Bills fans everywhere crashing back down to Earth from the ridiculous euphoria that enveloped them.

They sucked last year.  They still suck.  They are probably even worse than last year. I can't even imagine getting mad about anything related to this team.  The argument over which QB would suck less is entertaining but to be calling names like that over it? Let's be real...

Tom Brady could start for the Bills and the end result might be 10 points instead of 3 today and they'd probably still go 0-16.

Accept it now and save yourself the grief.

If I weren't so lazy, I'd scroll back earlier in the thread and see how many were in denial that last year was luck, that making the playoffs meant they were good, etc. 

3 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

If I weren't so lazy, I'd scroll back earlier in the thread and see how many were in denial that last year was luck, that making the playoffs meant they were good, etc. 

And what you'd really find is that most people generally actually have a pretty good handle on what their teams are, save a few enthusiasts on either side. 

The good half of their line disappeared, and they used the starting QB that threw 5 picks in a half last season, and got a result you'd about expect - that doesn't change a single thing about what last year was and what it wasn't. 

10 minutes ago, TrueBlueGED said:

Yup. For about the same money, we signed McCarron and moved him for a 5th. I'm going to keep screaming from the mountaintop that McBeane hasn't shown to have a single shred of offensive acumen.

And this is why moving Tyrod isn't the part that bothers me, like, at all - he couldn't beat a Steelers team that turned the ball over forty times today - so many QBs exchanged hands this summer, at a wide range of ability, and we chose to do what we did after deciding to move on, which was a defensible move if they knew what to look for.

4 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

And what you'd really find is that most people generally actually have a pretty good handle on what their teams are, save a few enthusiasts on either side. 

The good half of their line disappeared, and they used the starting QB that threw 5 picks in a half last season, and got a result you'd about expect - that doesn't change a single thing about what last year was and what it wasn't. 

If you're not going to let me snark on last year being lucky, can you at least let me snark about culture? And McDermott's "command" of the room? Process? And so on? I just spent 3 hours on this game, you have to let me have something!

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

And this is why moving Tyrod isn't the part that bothers me, like, at all - he couldn't beat a Steelers team that turned the ball over forty times today - so many QBs exchanged hands this summer, at a wide range of ability, and we chose to do what we did after deciding to move on, which was a defensible move if they knew what to look for.

And it's not just the QBs. It's the coordinators, as I mentioned before. Trading a pick for Benjamin. Trading up for Zay Jones. Jordan Matthews. Vlad Ducasse. The list goes on. Have any of their moves on offense resulted in even a positional upgrade? I'm thinking no.

Just now, TrueBlueGED said:

And it's not just the QBs. It's the coordinators, as I mentioned before. Trading a pick for Benjamin. Trading up for Zay Jones. Jordan Matthews. Vlad Ducasse. The list goes on. Have any of their moves on offense resulted in even a positional upgrade? I'm thinking no.

Hey, they've upgraded Tolbert to Murphy!! (Pretends Tolbert wasn't also their guy)

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Separately, I spoke too soon about that game! This has been the most TT+Browns feeling game you could ever have

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.