GDT Islanders at Buffalo 2/8/18 7pm MSG, GR

Brawndo

I'm trying so hard to find home records for all of the franchises and I can't anywhere.

I've got that info, but not online & definitely don't have the time to try to compile it at present.

If I don't work on taxes this weekend, I might try to track it down if somebody else hasn't already posted it.

I hope everyone is listending to Jack’s post games lately.

He’s like a new man. Sounds like a captain to me.

This is a great point. Night and day. Thanks, Russ. (Only half kidding. Maybe Russ told him to grow the hell up and the message got through.)

This is a great point. Night and day. Thanks, Russ. (Only half kidding. Maybe Russ told him to grow the hell up and the message got through.)

Please, everyone listen to his comments about Reinhart. If that doesn’t sounds like a captain doing his thing, I don’t know what does.

Jack one year ago today:

“We got the building going, got some energy in here after they were booing us off the ice,” Eichel said. “We win a game in overtime and everyone loves us again, so it’s interesting how that works.”

Tonight: completely understanding of empty seats.

Jack one year ago today:

“We got the building going, got some energy in here after they were booing us off the ice,” Eichel said. “We win a game in overtime and everyone loves us again, so it’s interesting how that works.”

Was gonna say, his “can’t blame them” was so well delivered. Said the wrong way it could come off as self-defeating, but they way he said it was just like, “logically, I totally get it. But we’ll get this thing going”.

Just saw on twitter (think it was either the team or the NHL) they're the 11th team to hit 1000. You'd figure the original six, Penguins, Oilers, who are the other two?

Would be surprised if the Eulers are ahead of them. They didn't join the league until '79-'80 & have been generally horrible since ~'95.

Filly definitely. St. Louis. Probably Minnesota. If not Minny, Aisles.

[Edit: Meant Dallas. Had No Stars on the brain. D'oh!]

[Edit 2: Especially if Minny gets credit for Seals/Barons wins (all 37 of 'em. :p)]

Edited by Taro T

Jack one year ago today:

That Sharks game was the most entertaining one of last season IMO.

Housley: "I didn't really like the way we started, we got outshot, we found a way to get two goals. I just didn't like the way we played tonight, we gave up far too many chances to a team that likes to run, but in saying that, we find a win to win, that's the positive thing."

Housley: "I didn't really like the way we started, we got outshot, we found a way to get two goals. I just didn't like the way we played tonight, we gave up far too many chances to a team that likes to run, but in saying that, we find a win to win, that's the positive thing."

That’s interesting. His comments after a loss sound positive, and after a win, negative.

So what’s the philosophy, critique them when they are in a more confident, advantageous mindset?

Edited by Thorny

Sabres missed the playoffs six times in the first 30 years of the franchise.  Since then missed eleven times.  I miss those days of knowing they would be in the playoffs.

The league dropping from nearly 80% of the teams making the playoffs to barely more than 50% contributes almost as much to that as the Sabres going from perenially 100+ point seasons in the 70's to hopefully 70 point seasons in the teens. ;)

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.