GDT: St. Louis Blues at Buffalo Sabres 2-3-18 7PM MSG, GR

LTS

No he did not. 95% of the net might be open but that does not mean that the best player in the world could put the puck anywhere within that 95%, let alone Reinhart.

That's a play that scores more often than not even if your Grandma is shooting. It just so happened the puck hit the foot.

It's probably pointless arguing it because those who want to find the negative will. It's a crap outcome but it's not because the player is crap.

You seriously don’t expect a player to bury that? Whatever.

There’s a REASON that play scores more often that not, as you said. Because it’s a low degree of difficulty conversion for an NHL player.

Edited by Thorny

Listen to Marty. He explained it as well.

Of course you expect it to be buried... But that doesn't mean that if it's not buried that the shooter is at fault.

Listen to Marty. He explained it as well.

Of course you expect it to be buried... But that doesn't mean that if it's not buried that the shooter is at fault.

If he could have realistically put a little space between the puck and the ice, the player is at the very least partially to blame.

There’s a REASON that play scores more often that not, as you said. Because it’s a low degree of difficulty conversion for an NHL player.

You act like a goalie never makes an incredible save. Like the best players are never robbed on a high percentage chance.

Like I said... You can choose too be negative and act like that happens all the time when you know it doesn't.

You act like a goalie never makes an incredible save. Like the best players are never robbed on a high percentage chance.

Like I said... You can choose too be negative and act like that happens all the time when you know it doesn't.

It’s not being negative. Enough with the inferred narrative. It’s what happened.

You want to write it off as a fluke or a great save and I want to say a player needs to convert a golden opportunity like that in a 1-0 game.

It can be an outstanding save, and still a miss.

And I’m not saying it happens all the time. I’m agreeing it doesn’t, because often a goalie doesn’t even have the opportunity to make that save, because of the positioning of the shot.

But I digress. We see it differently.

Edited by Thorny

It’s not being negative. Enough with the inferred narrative. It’s what happened.

You want to write it off as a fluke or a great save and I want to say a player needs to convert a golden opportunity like that in a 1-0 game.

I wonder if Blues fans are complaining about whether in the third it was a just a great save by Lehner or if their guy blew it, too.

Think of it this way then.

What number out of ten do you think that's a goal for any player, the best player, and Renhart?

For me the number is not that different and as such I don't focus on what the shooter doesn't do, I focus on what the goalie did do.

That's the difference between positive and negative.

Think of it this way then.

What number out of ten do you think that's a goal for any player, the best player, and Renhart?

For me the number is not that different and as such I don't focus on what the shooter doesn't do, I focus on what the goalie did do.

That's the difference between positive and negative.

Yes, you are choosing to see things in a black and white, layers-free way. I just don’t view things like that. I don’t view things in a strictly positive or negative way like you seem to. For me, it’s a situation with several variables.

I see the play as both the result of a great play from the goalie and miss from Reinhart. Both factored in.

I wonder if Blues fans are complaining about whether in the third it was a just a great save by Lehner or if their guy blew it, too.

I would guess no, as they probably have better things to talk about.

Yes, you are choosing to see things in a black and white, layers-free way. I just don’t view things like that. I don’t view things in a strictly positive or negative way like you seem to. For me, it’s a situation with several variables.

I see the play as both the result of a great play from the goalie and miss from Reinhart. Both factored in.

I would guess no, as they probably have better things to talk about.

Of course they are both factored in. It's a glass half full/empty problem. Do you assign 50% of the result to Reinhart and 50% to Hutton? I give Hutton 90% of the credit for that not being a goal. While Reinhart gets 10%. For me it's more a positive play than a negative.

Not black and white, but it's more positive than negative and for me by a lot.

Of course they are both factored in. It's a glass half full/empty problem. Do you assign 50% of the result to Reinhart and 50% to Hutton? I give Hutton 90% of the credit for that not being a goal. While Reinhart gets 10%. For me it's more a positive play than a negative.

Not black and white, but it's more positive than negative and for me by a lot.

Alright.

I see a Balance.

(But maybe that’s because I love Star Wars)

WNY is the only place I will eat hotdogs. Sahlen's or Zweigle's

I bought some trash brand down here, I picked the most expensive ones hoping for quality. I mean, I don't expect to get off scott-free eating a hot dog in general, but a Sahlens barely bothers me at all. One of these has me feeling like I ate the jagged metal Krusty-O the entire next day.

Thought Lehner played better than in his shutout games. 

They played for 60 minutes. Something we have harped about the whole season.

A lot of skill on display for both teams, puck luck won out.

Entertaining game against a really good team. 

Baby steps. We're better now than 4 months ago, couldn't say that last February.

Not happy, but seeing improvement leads to encouragement for the future as a fan.

WNY is the only place I will eat hotdogs. Sahlen's or Zweigle's

Zweigle’s white hots are good. I don’t know wtf Sahlen’s are supposed to be.

I grew up on Glazier’s red hots. They’re native to Owl’s Head, NY. When I go North or when someone from up North comes down there’s a few of us transplants who put in an order. It’s easier to order online but we love the complexity. It’s part of the culture. You need to try a Glazier’s before you die, eh? If you do, ask for the Michigan sauce.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.