GDT Jets at Sabres 1/9/18 7 PM MSG, WGR

Brawndo

Lehner is done. Remember when I was talking about Lehner and his game being predicated on focus and confidence?

Welcome back to normal, unfocused Lehner.

He made a couple of nice saves in quick succession with his teammates still in the room. I wonder if mentally he got fed up and checked out. Yeah, I might be defending Lehner. In a way.

Lehner is not the problem.  Team defense in their own end is.  Too many mental errors on positioning and the lack of will to move guys out of the way.  Maybe they are emulating Phil's playing style.  All offense and average defense.

This is a weird thing to say. This team has no offense and is well below average at playing defense.

This is a weird thing to say. This team has no offense and is well below average at playing defense.

That is what they think they are doing.  Want to be all offense.  I did not say they are successful.

Offense?  where?

That was Phil's style of defense.  The Sabres defensemen are playing soft on defense.  Want to be offensive but they do not have his talent.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.