GDT Sabres at Islanders 12/27/17 7PM MSG, GR

Brawndo

This has reached a point of almost unbelievable. How can we be this bad? Really? We're not good but this team is really playing way below what anyone could have thought. I'm really beginning to think Housley may have been the

wrong guy at this point or we had really misjudged our roster. This isn't just a need for a couple defensemen or goaltending. This team can't win.

You have a valid point.  Most preseason predictions had the Sabres in 5th or 6th place.  No one saw this disaster.  Phil might be the wrong guy at the helm to get these guys to play as a cohesive unit.

Brett Hull a hall of famer said the tryant is the worst coach.

Helps he learn under bill parcells

Very True.  I'm just saying that the team as constructed may benefit from a more disciplinarian coach e.g. (Hitchcock, Sutter, Keenan, Babcock, Torts) at this point.  You need a strong coach to change the culture.  Housley may have never had the necessity to change the culture in any team he took over.  Now is not the time to be doing OJT.

#onebuffalowhiners It's not a good look.

Still waiting to see the puck all the way across the line. I'm guessing it will be a while.

Would you feel the same way at the other end of the rink?

We would all be praising Lehner if these losers could actually close game before ot or shootout. Lehner was awesome tonight

You can't ignore how he plays when the game is on the line.

#onebuffalowhiners It's not a good look.

Would you feel the same way at the other end of the rink?

I already stated that we've had goals disallowed that you knew were in but just couldn't see, so, yes.

I seem to remember a Rags/Sabres playoff game goal disallowed where we ended up losing. I was fine with it.

That's it right there.  Lenny hasn't shown the ability to rise to the occasion.  Can't imagine him doing so in Game 7.

Just a question.  Zemgus gets promoted to Jack's line and gets 2 goals in 3 games .  Where's Sam's bump? 

Edited by Tondas

I don't think this one was close.

Doesn't matter what you think. Sports is about setting up an arbitrary set of rules to determine an outcome after an arbitrary timeframe.

If we disregard the rules because of what someone thinks then what's the point?!

Ftr, I think it was in, too. I wouldn't put a gun to my head and say you can pull the trigger if it wasn't, though.

Thought Lehner was fantastic on the tying goal to send it to OT; can't believe he got the puck in his glove.

Kane had the most lovely opportunity to win it in OT just before we lost in OT...dude has trouble finding the net.

The new year can't get here soon enough.  I think we might start to see some trades in January leading into the trade deadline.

Very True.  I'm just saying that the team as constructed may benefit from a more disciplinarian coach e.g. (Hitchcock, Sutter, Keenan, Babcock, Torts) at this point.  You need a strong coach to change the culture.  Housley may have never had the necessity to change the culture in any team he took over.  Now is not the time to be doing OJT.

I'm pretty sure Housley is going nowhere this entire season.   I think he will be the HC when next season starts.

But it is also pretty obvious he is not the right guy for this job.  

I think we would have benefitted from a HC with much more experience and same for the GM.

These guys are learning on the job which just adds time to an already time consuming process and demands patience from a fan base that has run dry.

I think Botterill's happy with playoffs in 3 years.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.