Buffalo at Philadelphia 7pm EST MSG, GR

Brawndo

That's a terrible defensive effort from all those involved there. Any line Reinhart is on seems to be woeful defensively and stuck in their own zone. Rodrigues was slow covering on that goal too.

Regular Bogosian on that play too.

Edited by Bjorn Borg

Real question: Is Sam the only guy in the NHL who still does his skates up with the tongues sticking out? It legimitely looks like he's wobbling around.

It just doesn't look conductive to speed and any time I've done my skates up like that they've felt way less stable.

Granted, I'm not in the NHL :p

Edited by Bjorn Borg

Real question: Is Sam the only guy in the NHL who still does his skates up with the tongues sticking out? It legimitely looks like he's wobbling around.

It just doesn't look conductive to speed and any time I've done my skates up like that they've felt way less stable.

Granted, I'm not in th NHL :P

Don't worry.  Sam wont be either.  J/K

Eichel will be a bust if he doesn't develop the ability to sense when the moments are to make a move and cut to the net/dangle/etc. His first 2 years, people seemed to not fully realize what he had. Now they do, so he has to be able to sense when he has a step.

This season, he's always tried to make moves when he really didn't have an angle/opening, and has been stuffed by d-men. I hope he figures it out soon.

I may be over-analyzing but that Kane NHL Network interview from earlier today I think he sorta said the same.  Paraphrased-ish "Jack tries to make the little moves that are difficult to make in this league, when it works it creates chances, I like playing with him".  

Don't worry.  Sam wont be either.  J/K

If Sam was a 4th round pick, there would be no kidding and we wouldn't even be talking about him.  Not to beat the dead horse of this summer, but the Sabres should have traded Sam before the "Illusion of Sam Reinhart greatness" was shattered by this years' performance.  What can the Sabres get for him now (3-4 round pick?)

If Sam was a 4th round pick, there would be no kidding and we wouldn't even be talking about him.  Not to beat the dead horse of this summer, but the Sabres should have traded Sam before the "Illusion of Sam Reinhart greatness" was shattered by this years' performance.  What can the Sabres get for him now (3-4 round pick?)

Or they could just put him back with Eichel so that #15 would finally have a guy on his line that could actually pass him the puck again.

That was an awful period by the Sabres.

McCabe is Playing great.

I still like Gorges.

Scandella should be better than he is. I don't get it.

Reinhart should be better than he is. I don't get it.

His skating seems to have regressed this year. It doesn't really make sense that a player of his age would regress in that way though, so I don't know.

---

Their only play when getting in zone on the PP is to fire it around the boards. And it never works.

Edited by Bjorn Borg

Or they could just put him back with Eichel so that #15 would finally have a guy on his line that could actually pass him the puck again.

Sam shouldn't need Jack to make him successful.  At this point, ERod > Sam.  That shouldn't be after 3 years.

Jack always has the puck. He just lost his ability to hit the net from further than 5 feet out this season.

Has the puck, passes it, and never gets it back. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw someone make a pass to Eichel that was actually impressive. He needs to be playing with players that actually compliment him.

Has the puck, passes it, and never gets it back. I honestly can't remember the last time I saw someone make a pass to Eichel that was actually impressive. He needs to be playing with players that actually compliment him.

Agree.  Jack needs someone that can keep up with him.  That's why Kane works even though he's not the ideal compliment to Jack.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.