Sabres lines down through history

PASabreFan

40-30-12. 92 pts. 1st NHL Northeast. Semis. Fast and furious entertainment. Rabid fans. “Hardest working team in hockey”. Sign me up for nonsense!

And the loudest the arena ever was, in Game 7. (Drury-Max?)

Best lines I've ever seen in Buffalo were actually back in the old AHL days:  Gaye Stewart, Ed Slowinski, and Donnie Marshall, for instance, in the mid '50s.  On that same team we had eight guys who scored 20 or more goals. 

Heya, kiddo.

And the loudest the arena ever was, in Game 7. (Drury-Max?)

Heya, kiddo.

I’d just moved to Tampa in March. I did that series on radio (?) or in taverns. Loud, even in the cavernous barn FKA The Crossroads Arena. A local family invited me to dinner at their house during the playoffs. They served me my first southern style meal with collard greens. I missed a playoff game, went home, signed onto AOL with my squelching modem, and read the recap.

I agree, that team was really fun. But playing Matt Barnaby at center for no reason other than the lulz.... ehhhhhhhhhhhh.

Sprinkle in an Eichel and Kane into that lineup and we're in business.   That was fun hockey, Ray, Barnaby and Boughner dropped the gloves every period it seemed.   Those 3 collectively racked up 760min of penalties in 96-97.   That's more penalty minutes than half the teams in the league had last season.

The answer to my question about the first line in team history has proven to be a bit tricky. The media guide has the first five players on the ice for the Sabres, without position, and three of them seem to be remembered primarily as defensemen.

Trying to find the same thing! Can you easily do a link to the five or the page?

I’ll guess - Gil, Jumbo Jim, Kevin O’Shea

Unless Meehan made it instead of Gil.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.