Scott Wilson to Buffalo for 5th rounder

LGR4GM

C'mon he'll fit right in ... in 17 games with the Wings, 0 points so far.

excellent

@SabresStats

According to the #Sabres website, newest BUF forward Scott Wilson will wear #20.  That number was last worn by Zac Dalpe in the 2014-15 season.

poor don Luce, I talked with don at firehouse subs, a couple months ago. He rolled his eyes about the sabres

So excited for my new coal job. Like you will not believe, just how, amazing, coal is, believe me.

So amazing Germany just shut down their last mine I believe. Meanwhile...https://www.reuters.com/article/us-trump-effect-coal-retraining-insight/awaiting-trumps-coal-comeback-miners-reject-retraining-idUSKBN1D14G0

Edited by WildCard

I'm not sure about the "loud and clear" message in the context of a professional lockerroom. What players fear the Moulson Treatment? Is that the one bullet Botterill had in his chamber? Do these players really fear the thought of the old gang getting broken up? I can go either way on the fear of being traded, but in general, you'd have to think it would be a welcome development for most of these guys, especially the youngens without families.

"Sam, sit down. We have some bad news. You've been traded to (insert name of almost any other NHL city)." "No, Jason, please, I'll do anything."

It's not just Moulson; that had to happen, it just took too long. It's bringing in another NHL winger who has Won a Cup and played playoff hockey recently, and then only one callup -- keeping Rochester intact.

That's the beauty of the scene -- Norris, after saying "Loud and clear"... shoots the radio.

I have received your message. I am taking action. No more messages will be received. (Perhaps each of those responses will take place. Perhaps none. I hope it simply serves as a wake-up call.)

Comforting to know there will always be at least 1 thing Gen Xers & Millenials can agree upon. :lol:

True now if only the millenials will get to work and stop whining and the Boomers will die and stop whining..

Meh, that would require effort. :)

you know something about that :) still living at home I expect.

At least until the Gen X'ers start trying to f*ck us too.  :P

We won't be in a position to.  We are, after all, the first American generation worse off than the one before.  As soon as the media were done talking about the boomers, they put you all in their sights.  All we got was a ###### Douglas Coupland novel out of it.  

What I find interesting about millennials is that they think they're the first generation to struggle with the rent right out of the gate.

Edited by Eleven

True now if only the millenials will get to work and stop whining and the Boomers will die and stop whining..

###### you know something about that :) still living at home I expect.

Yep, living at home. Unfortunately, it's the one I bought and have to take care of and not my parents. :)

We won't be in a position to. We are, after all, the first American generation worse off than the one before. As soon as the media were done talking about the boomers, they put you all in their sights. All we got was a ###### Douglas Coupland novel out of it.

What I find interesting about millennials is that they think they're the first generation to struggle with the rent right out of the gate.

Yep. Turns out it isn't all it's cracked up to be to be caught in that flat spot between the 2 bulges in the python. 'Cause when all's said & done, you end up covered from both piles of feces that's been left behind. (Now where's the 'shrugs shoulders' smiley when one needs it? ;) )

We won't be in a position to.  We are, after all, the first American generation worse off than the one before.  As soon as the media were done talking about the boomers, they put you all in their sights.  All we got was a ###### Douglas Coupland novel out of it.  

Now that is an insult but off because most live rent free right out of the gate at home...

Yep, living at home. Unfortunately, it's the one I bought and have to take care of and not my parents. :)

I went a similar route. I'm in an apartment and have been in one ever since graduating from school. 

Was given the option by my parents to move back in for 6 months to a year to save some money.

Cost savings were intriguing but I couldn't get myself to do it. I always felt like it was important to dive into the deep end right out of college and make it on your own. 

Some friends from back home moved back into their parents houses and can afford to throw around more money than me, but I also don't ever have to invite the girlfriend to my parents house whenever we want to hang out...

I went a similar route. I'm in an apartment and have been in one ever since graduating from school. 

Was given the option by my parents to move back in for 6 months to a year to save some money.

Cost savings were intriguing but I couldn't get myself to do it. I always felt like it was important to dive into the deep end right out of college and make it on your own. 

Some friends from back home moved back into their parents houses and can afford to throw around more money than me, but I also don't ever have to invite the girlfriend to my parents house whenever we want to hang out...

There are certainly social implications of living at your parents house after graduation. (just to be clear, I didn't, I moved to the Binghamton area after college in Buffalo).

Second note: buying a house is not a particularly good financial decision, especially now that it looks like I'll be back to taking the standard deduction if the tax plan goes into effect how it looks now. Yes, you build equity. It's unlikely you're going to build equity faster than the 7%-ish return you'd get investing the money you save renting.

I was told theyd love to have me back but dont wasnt worth the aggrevation. And when I was twelve was told after getting a 10 speed the next one I pay for. Payed for most my college including 3 years at GW by working and living on my own. Not a be all end all but learned how to survive and get ahead. Now have a house and apartment and working to save for a rental property once my house is paid off in 7 years to provide steady income for my kids once im gone. I have a special needs child as many here know and my oldest who is not will need assistance. Luckily both my wife and I are above the Trump income penalty so we should do ok with the upcoming tax bill as I understand it.

I am able to build faster because the house is rented and making more than mortgage taxes and insurance plus upkeep and taxes less than penalty of 10,000$

There are certainly social implications of living at your parents house after graduation. (just to be clear, I didn't, I moved to the Binghamton area after college in Buffalo).

Second note: buying a house is not a particularly good financial decision, especially now that it looks like I'll be back to taking the standard deduction if the tax plan goes into effect how it looks now. Yes, you build equity. It's unlikely you're going to build equity faster than the 7%-ish return you'd get investing the money you save renting.

If you're buying a primary residence home for financial benefits, you need to plan on moving and often. The leverage is what your capitalizing on. I.e., when you sell, the outstanding mortgage is paid at face value but any appreciation goes into your pocket. You then use this to pay 20% (or nowadays even less) on a larger house. Lather, rinse, repeat. ;)

The tax break on the mortgage & property taxes help, but is small change compared to leveraging appreciation.

(Says the guy still living in the house he bought over 20 years ago. :doh:)

If you're buying a primary residence home for financial benefits, you need to plan on moving and often. The leverage is what your capitalizing on. I.e., when you sell, the outstanding mortgage is paid at face value but any appreciation goes into your pocket. You then use this to pay 20% (or nowadays even less) on a larger house. Lather, rinse, repeat. ;)

The tax break on the mortgage & property taxes help, but is small change compared to leveraging appreciation.

(Says the guy still living in the house he bought over 20 years ago. :doh:)

And probably not paying a mortgage for much longer.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.