GDT: Carolina vs Buffalo 7 pm 11/18/17

bob_sauve28

This team is too freaking slow and can't pass or clear their own zone.  Add Bailey, Baptiste, and Rodrigues to the mix.  Sit Okposo and any of these other slow overpaid guys.  At least put the slow guys with fast guys.  Spread out the slowness.

Remember when the Sabres were a fast and attacking team 10 years ago?  

Watch any other team and you'll see clean breakouts, good passing, and speed all over the ice.  

Apparently that's not thought to be a winning combination in Buffalo.

I'm disgusted by this.

The worst part is that the slower teams usually have plenty of toughness to counteract the speed. The Sabres are as pussified more now than I have ever seen. No speed and absolutely no toughness. Team is put together like a Lincoln Log house, holes everywhere. This team misses Marcus a lot more than Marcus misses his hometown.

Yeah, right. They'll raise prices and again lie about the CBA requiring them to do so.

revenue sharing...come on....Pegula needs the money

Of course he is; big K year for him!  UFA this summer...has to actually work for a few games this year

Get rid of the guaranteed Ks; they are killing this sport.

Kane played hard last year also....he plays hard all the time and has been a goal scorer his entire career...calling him out for a contract year is

The Sabres were offside. But a faceoff at center after that is weird.

It's such a weird take. You would never pull the goalie I guess. Even down one?

No, pulling the goalie down 1 is fine.  However, in the other thread (and in other GDTs) you and others are lobbying for the Sabres to do it down by even more.  My argument is that this team can't possess the puck and while some research shows that it is beneficial that research skips a few important things such as averaging in the odds of a top tier team scoring with the goalie pulled as opposed to a team like the Sabres.

I had no problem pulling the goalie last night.  It's just that what you saw happen is what is bound to happen to the Sabres and is exactly what happened a few games ago when they lost 4-1 when down 2-1 and pulling the goaltender twice.

The worst part is that the slower teams usually have plenty of toughness to counteract the speed. The Sabres are as pussified more now than I have ever seen. No speed and absolutely no toughness. Team is put together like a Lincoln Log house, holes everywhere. This team misses Marcus a lot more than Marcus misses his hometown.

Agreed and Jack is the main culprit... guy needs to learn this isnt a game of shinny. He got abused last night and had no response. At least Sam was hitting people. The D looks slow. Their passing sucks... holy crap put it on stick and Jack wtf look before passing... or at least know where your guys are. 4th line was the best one out there and Nolan has no skill D lo better.

I was at the game. Sorry if this was addressed upthread: That crowd had *plenty* of liveliness to it (yes, on a Saturday night). The home team was just god awful. I’m about forever done on this chicken-egg debate of crowd noise and team’s quality.

I couldn’t believe how bad the team looked. Then again, that squad is almost at tank level of AHL quality players. The winning goal was such a sad thing.

At least Larrson is starting to be noticeable in a good way.

Better late than never?

We miss Risto, a lot! He is one player that is impossible to replace, though we do a better job this year than last year with more depth

They converted on their odd man chances, we didn't. That Williams goal was sad. The back check was no where, he actually stopped and backed up he had so much time. Beaulieu and Johnson was left out to dry

Things would be a hell of a lot better if the PP could click.

Maybe ROR and Kane should play together?

Kane and Jack looked aweful together... Put Pulliott with Jack and maybe Pommer or the new kid Crisco

A guy in our section screamed “GET OUTTA HIS WAY!” 2 or 3 times at Kane. So often, his instinct is to drift toward/onto the puck. He’s gotta let Eichel create, and fimd some space.

But he can’t.

A guy in our section screamed “GET OUTTA HIS WAY!” 2 or 3 times at Kane. So often, his instinct is to drift toward/onto the puck. He’s gotta let Eichel create, and fimd some space.

Haven't watched a lot of this season but Everytime I have I notice Kane and Eichel on top of one another. They both try to do the same things. It doesn't take a genius to notice it. Why two consecutive coaching staffs can't figure it out is beyond me. It's their job to like evaluate this , right. I feel like I'm watching NHL 2017 where they put the highest rated players on each subsequent line. It doesn't work in real life!!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.