Lost Cat -- North Buffalo

Eleven

I would be showing up at they're front door...

And not leaving without the cat.

What kind of person won't return an animal they know is somebody else's?

We don't know the address.  Here's what happened:  A man found the cat while he was out with two friends, a couple, who were visiting from out of town.  The man is highly allergic to cats, so the couple said they would take the cat.  The man contacted my girlfriend on some lost pet message board with a photo of the cat.  She said yep, it's hers.  He said he'd put her in touch with them, but apparently (according to the man) they aren't responding to him.

We're not at the end of this road yet.

We don't know the address. Here's what happened: A man found the cat while he was out with two friends, a couple, who were visiting from out of town. The man is highly allergic to cats, so the couple said they would take the cat. The man contacted my girlfriend on some lost pet message board with a photo of the cat. She said yep, it's hers. He said he'd put her in touch with them, but apparently (according to the man) they aren't responding to him.

Its things like this that remind me how much people suck. There are lots of good people out there. Probably more good than bad but the bad cast such a long shadow, it's hard to escape their misery.

My wife started feeding a little stray last fall. She had obvious trouble eating so we took her in and brought her to the vet. Little Bear(looks like an Asian Bear) had a large growth on her tongue and a few other issues. She was also chipped! Vet called the owner who admitted dropping her off at my neighbors barn. Since she didn’t belong to us we couldn’t get her the surgery she needed. The owner didn’t want to give up ownership and requested she be euthanized. After a day of pleading with the bitch she finally agreed we could keep the cat. Little Bear is healthy, happy and one little spitfire of a kitty. Some people are just giant douchebags.

Happy ending at least! Go Little Bear!

We don't know the address.  Here's what happened:  A man found the cat while he was out with two friends, a couple, who were visiting from out of town.  The man is highly allergic to cats, so the couple said they would take the cat.  The man contacted my girlfriend on some lost pet message board with a photo of the cat.  She said yep, it's hers.  He said he'd put her in touch with them, but apparently (according to the man) they aren't responding to him.

Wow that sucks.

Good luck getting the cat back. Hopefully human decency prevails.

I am more of a dog person, but have cats.... and taking someones animal is like taking their kid.

This morning before I left for work, I saw a cat in my back yard. Didnt think anything of it.

I get home and she's on my porch, along with two kittens. I'm not sure I'm ready for fatherhood.

i HATE CATS,

I will take one kitten in, if you still have them.

I so do love my GF.

Dog person myself to, don't get what people have with cats. 

I like cats because they keep varmint from the property. Without the cats, my barn was overrun by squirrels, field mice, opossum, and birds. Enter cats, no more problems.

I'm not a "cuddle with kitty" type of person. My dogs live in the house, cats live on the property. I used to say "I hate cats" too, buy now have much respect for their utility.

I like cats because they keep varmint from the property. Without the cats, my barn was overrun by squirrels, field mice, opossum, and birds. Enter cats, no more problems.

I'm not a "cuddle with kitty" type of person. My dogs live in the house, cats live on the property. I used to say "I hate cats" too, buy now have much respect for their utility.

That's so true. My 19 year old cat was getting slow and all of a sudden I had mice getting in the basement. So the cat passed and I got a new cat and no more mice. New sheriff in town 

Speaking of which, this is a GREAT story. I would have never thought of it. I hope shelters all over start doing it.

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2017/10/shelter_cats_get_second_chance.html

It seems like dog people want to own an animal, and the stupid dogs are happy to oblige. Maybe cat people want to be owned — if so, their cats seem more than willing to fulfill that fantasy.

Edited by PASabreFan

Speaking of which, this is a GREAT story. I would have never thought of it. I hope shelters all over start doing it.

http://www.pennlive.com/news/2017/10/shelter_cats_get_second_chance.html

It seems like dog people want to own an animal, and the stupid dogs are happy to oblige. Maybe cat people want to be owned — if so, their cats seem more than willing to fulfill that fantasy.

That's a great story/program. Cats are also much happier when they have a purpose (just like everyone), and are just plain incredible at killing. That's why big cats are so dang scary.

Nowadays I get free cats on craigslist. But it has been a problem on shelters with people who want "mousers" are denied. I went to a shelter with (no BS) 400+ cats. They parted like the red sea when I pulled in, and there were 3 cats on my truck when I came back to it. Anyhow, I was denied a cat because of my wanting it to eat mice. I recued/"adopted" all 5 of my dogs and I am pretty much a perfect candidate otherwise.

Glad to see them use sense with these "hard case" cats, I do know that cats get killed in shelters at a much higher rate than dogs. 

And it's good dogs are kinda dumb, because we pretty much rely on stockholm syndrome to make them love us.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.