2018 NHL draft

Crusader1969

I have zero interest for Merkley at 32.

He won't be there. The Rangers have 3 first rounders and I bet they take a flyer on him. That said his underlying numbers are really solid. I don't like him personally and considering he has attitude issues and is coming from Canadian Juniors, I don't see Botterill drafting him. 

He won't be there. The Rangers have 3 first rounders and I bet they take a flyer on him. That said his underlying numbers are really solid. I don't like him personally and considering he has attitude issues and is coming from Canadian Juniors, I don't see Botterill drafting him. 

I agree, don't think he'll be there either.  Hope not.  Really bad attitude.  People around on these boards ridicule Jack for coasting during line changes.  This guy is on a whole other level for that.  Sure he has good offensive numbers but he's a bum defensively and has a horrendous attitude problem.  I keep an eye on Guelph from time to time and he hasn't impressed me much any of the games I watched.

Tkachuk is going to get overdrafted... probably by Montreal who thinks he play center.

You know that if by some twist of a Bergevin the Sabres end up with the third pick they would be picking Tkachuk without hesitation?

Here’s a crazy proposal:

Scandella O’Reilly and the Sharks 1st for Pacioretty a second and 3.

You know that if by some twist of a Bergevin the Sabres end up with the third pick they would be picking Tkachuk without hesitation?

Here’s a crazy proposal:

Scandella O’Reilly and the Sharks 1st for Pacioretty a second and 3.

I'll give them ROR for Pacioretty and 3. It's Bergevin, he's a dumbass. 

I agree, don't think he'll be there either.  Hope not.  Really bad attitude.  People around on these boards ridicule Jack for coasting during line changes.  This guy is on a whole other level for that.  Sure he has good offensive numbers but he's a bum defensively and has a horrendous attitude problem.  I keep an eye on Guelph from time to time and he hasn't impressed me much any of the games I watched.

He also blames others when mistakes are made and has a tendency to take penalties and misconducts at the wrong time

Hell naw.

I meant this thinking we would trade up just to pick Tkachuk.  Maybe do that trade, then trade down to get Dobson and get another two 2nds, then wield those two 2nds to trade up from 32.

ROR + Scandella + SJ1 -> Max Pac + Dobson + MON2 + Slide up from 32 into 20ish territory.

Meh.

Per McKenzie Bode Wilde will not go to Michigan next season, will discuss options with the team that drafts him and explore professional options

any idea what is going on with him? is the conditioning issues something from the combine? If you are going with a flyer at 32 im taking Merkely over Wilde/

any idea what is going on with him? is the conditioning issues something from the combine? If you are going with a flyer at 32 im taking Merkely over Wilde/

From reading Liger, who is (IMO) the expert on prospects, why would you go with either of those, assuming other of Liger's choices are around?

I haven't heard anything on Wilde but it's concerning this close to the draft. Merkley on the hand has problems well known. The biggest is he's not known for being good defensively. He's really just known for his offense. His attitude is mediocre at best. Offensively, kids got a lot of talent. I'd rather not risk it. I need the 32 to hit and I dont need a home room just a triple.

From reading Liger, who is (IMO) the expert on prospects, why would you go with either of those, assuming other of Liger's choices are around?

To be fair once you get into the back end of round 2 and into round 3, it starts to be a crap shoot with ranking guys. Edited by Skurk Liger

Speaking of hitting on second-rounders, how come no one talks about last year's number 2, Marcus Davidsson?

20 points in 38 games in the top Swedish league last year — second highest scoring teenager after Elias Pettersen.

Fast, two-way guy, plays centre and wing — looks a lot like Asplund in terms of his upside.

Not sure what it is, but he said he wants to pursue professional options.

Saginaw owns his OHL Rights.

He’s probably not ready for the AHL.

Speaking of hitting on second-rounders, how come no one talks about last year's number 2, Marcus Davidsson?

20 points in 38 games in the top Swedish league last year — second highest scoring teenager after Elias Pettersen.

Fast, two-way guy, plays centre and wing — looks a lot like Asplund in terms of his upside.

Yup only u20 guy other than pettersen to out produce Dahlin. He'll be here next year and we'll all be presently surprised. Edited by Skurk Liger

Rochester here or Buffalo here

Rochester. He'll do what Asplund will do. I mean, he could win a roster spot but I bet Botterill will bring him along slowly.

Side note. If you catch kris Baker right on Twitter he'll respond to a question like, how's Marcus Davidsson looking.

Edited by Skurk Liger

Funny you ask.  In Harrington's article today he mentioned that the Sabres are "high on second-round center Marcus Davidson and second-round goalie Ukko-Pekka Luukkonen".

I believe it comes from reddit but there is a photo circulating of Dahlin Sabres nameplate. 

Also, there's a solid rumor that Montreal wanted to trade down a couple of spots to draft Kotkaniemi (Center).  May stay put to ensure they get him. 

I believe it comes from reddit but there is a photo circulating of Dahlin Sabres nameplate.

Also, there's a solid rumor that Montreal wanted to trade down a couple of spots to draft Kotkaniemi (Center). May stay put to ensure they get him.

Saw the Dahlin nameplate photo. So exciting!

I’d love to add Tkachuk, he’d be a fantastic addition to this Sabres team.

I agree. Exactly what the Sabres need, could he fall enough to the point where they could make a deal?

Sexton said that the Sabres don't think nationality or league is relevant. They look at high quality high character players. He said roughly, we want good humans.

so no to Merkley and Wilde.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.