WJC Sweden coach: Alex Nylander unlikely to play, because he'll be a Sabre

Eleven

The Sabres' 2016 first round draft pick received permission from the organization last season, as he was playing for the Rochester Americans in the AHL at the time. It’s unclear if the Sabres will allow Nylander to participate in the tournament for a second straight year.

"I don't think so," Swedish coach Tomas Monten said in USA Hockey Arena. "Of course if Buffalo wants him to play, we're going to keep our door open. He, for sure, has a spot on our team, but I think he's going to make Buffalo this year. That's why I didn't bring him. We haven't talked in the summer.”

Monten added that if Nylander is available, he has a spot on the team.

"Of course I'm going to ask Buffalo what they think. If he's available, we'll take him for sure but I don't think he is. I think he's going to play in Buffalo."

Without quotes, cites, or at least SOMETHING, I think the two posts above are bs.

Mine was a question. I thought I remember reading something like that on here a little while ago. That there were rumours he preferred to develop next season in Sweden rather than Rochester. I could be misremembering. This is an interesting article on the issue, though:

https://www.diebytheblade.com/2017/3/8/14861316/swedes-dont-want-prospects-in-the-ahl-buffalo-sabres-nylander-asplund-olofsson-shl

Edited by Thorny

Mine was a question. I thought I remember reading something like that on here a little while ago. That there were rumours he preferred to develop next season in Sweden rather than Rochester. I could be misremembering. This is an interesting article on the issue, though:https://www.diebytheblade.com/2017/3/8/14861316/swedes-dont-want-prospects-in-the-ahl-buffalo-sabres-nylander-asplund-olofsson-shl

Paul Hamilton said he had heard whispers.

Now the scenario wouldn't surprise me given what seemed to be a poor experience in Rochester last year.

But I'm not taking Paul's word for it.

Paul Hamilton said he had heard whispers.

Now the scenario wouldn't surprise me given what seemed to be a poor experience in Rochester last year.

But I'm not taking Paul's word for it.

Ya, that was it, good stuff.

I agree, doesn't seem very credible

Some days I wonder if the dislike of Paul Hamilton is based less on his qualifications and more on the internal frustration people not being able to find a job like his, given we do much of the same things on here.

:)

Just a thought since the off-season is incredibly freakin boring!

Some days I wonder if the dislike of Paul Hamilton is based less on his qualifications and more on the internal frustration people not being able to find a job like his, given we do much of the same things on here.

:)

Just a thought since the off-season is incredibly freakin boring!

His assassination of Reinhart while using some of the most crapstastically crappy stats to ever crap out is why I dislike him. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.