Another swede - contest

MODO Hockey

Hey guys,

So im trying to get a good friend of mine that has a even bigger heart for hockey then me, to become a Sabre!

This is a contest, the one that comes up with the best slogan or message to be forwarded to him will be awarded with a dinner together with drinks on me.

Hopefully it will persuade him enough to fly with me aswell to the 2nd annual meeting.

Let the words flow! :-)

Modo,

When are you planning on heading across again. I done my first trip this year but only to see us play in new jersey

*reads some other posts in here*  Yikes.

I'm a Sabres convert. I guess I'd share what reeled me in. I grew up surrounded by Red Wings fans. And the OSU/Michigan border battle. To be a fan, you had to pass a lot of gate keeping. Name this succession of coaches. Know a bunch of specific events. Attend a certain amount of games/parties otherwise you're not *really* a fan. It turned me away. I still loved watching, but as a relatively new hockey fan in high school, I wasn't welcomed or encouraged. 

But man, Sabres fans. What a cool fanbase. You mess up a name or a detail? No prob, let's educate you! Not a lecture, usually, an actual, passionate, usually personal story used to illustrate the importance of a singular event or person. Maybe it's because they've suffered so much, and are yet ever-hopeful. Maybe it's the blue collar/unassuming nature of the area. Maybe it's all the booze. I don't know, but Sabres fans are fun, excited, relatable folks. 

Lord knows when I started gaining interest in the sh!tburger era, the team certainly wasn't anything to get excited about. But everyone who wore the logo made me want to stick around and see what happens. And I do. I want to see where this team goes. I want this team to win. I cannot WAIT to be surrounded by a bunch of hooligans jumping up and down watching an amazing playoff game, even if I'm old, infirm, and incontinent by then.  

Sabres fans are so much fun. The team is getting better. I think we're all in for a really enjoyable fu*king ride. And your pal should join the party. 

*reads some other posts in here*  Yikes.

I'm a Sabres convert. I guess I'd share what reeled me in. I grew up surrounded by Red Wings fans. And the OSU/Michigan border battle. To be a fan, you had to pass a lot of gate keeping. Name this succession of coaches. Know a bunch of specific events. Attend a certain amount of games/parties otherwise you're not *really* a fan. It turned me away. I still loved watching, but as a relatively new hockey fan in high school, I wasn't welcomed or encouraged. 

But man, Sabres fans. What a cool fanbase. You mess up a name or a detail? No prob, let's educate you! Not a lecture, usually, an actual, passionate, usually personal story used to illustrate the importance of a singular event or person. Maybe it's because they've suffered so much, and are yet ever-hopeful. Maybe it's the blue collar/unassuming nature of the area. Maybe it's all the booze. I don't know, but Sabres fans are fun, excited, relatable folks. 

Lord knows when I started gaining interest in the sh!tburger era, the team certainly wasn't anything to get excited about. But everyone who wore the logo made me want to stick around and see what happens. And I do. I want to see where this team goes. I want this team to win. I cannot WAIT to be surrounded by a bunch of hooligans jumping up and down watching an amazing playoff game, even if I'm old, infirm, and incontinent by then.  

Sabres fans are so much fun. The team is getting better. I think we're all in for a really enjoyable fu*king ride. And your pal should join the party. 

You've got me all pumped up now. 

hush, you

You've got me all pumped up now. 

Good.

Something else I could add- I was in a verizon store in my hometown (NW Ohio) and was making small talk with the dude behind the desk while my parents figured out how to beep boop their new phones. Showed him one of my business cards. Red Wings fan, cool... mentioned I was from Buffalo... 

"Oh man, I love the Sabres. Two of my favorite NHL players ever were Sabres"

me- "oh yeah? Who?"

"Dom Hasek, of course, and Pat LalalalalaFontaine. I LOVED hearing Sabres v Wings games as a kid, your announcer was the best" 

me- "RJ! He's still going!"

"That what I dig about you guys- you guys just keep going".

It was awesome. 

hush, you

Good.

Something else I could add- I was in a verizon store in my hometown (NW Ohio) and was making small talk with the dude behind the desk while my parents figured out how to beep boop their new phones. Showed him one of my business cards. Red Wings fan, cool... mentioned I was from Buffalo... 

"Oh man, I love the Sabres. Two of my favorite NHL players ever were Sabres"

me- "oh yeah? Who?"

"Dom Hasek, of course, and Pat LalalalalaFontaine. I LOVED hearing Sabres v Wings games as a kid, your announcer was the best" 

me- "RJ! He's still going!"

"That what I dig about you guys- you guys just keep going".

It was awesome. 

This is great stuff

Modo,

When are you planning on heading across again. I done my first trip this year but only to see us play in new jersey

As it looks now the 10th of march 2018 vs vegas night ! check the 2nd annual meeting thread :)

Will you come ?  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

lol this thread is going more and more epic :D hahahah

Thanks guys, i really love your enthusiasm! 

:w00t:  :wub:

Edited by MODO Hockey

As it looks now the 10th of march 2018 vs vegas night ! check the 2nd annual meeting thread :)

Will you come ?  

Will you come ?  

not next year mate :(

Doing Tampa v Pittsburgh in october for my 13 year old Penguins daft son. And then off to Hungary next April to see Great Britain in the World Championships. Last time we were there in 2013 i went all that way to see us get relegated :(

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.