Official NHL website map shows team in Quebec; new divisions

Eleven

Check out the map at the beginning of this video:  https://www.nhl.com/video/expansion-draft-explained/t-278308694/c-52237603

There are eight divisions of four teams.  Buffalo is in with NYR, NYI, and Boston.  There is a "Canada East" division comprised of the two Ontario teams, Montreal, and Quebec.

EDIT:  Here is an imgur of the map in case you don't want to load the video or in case the NHL catches on and takes it down:  http://imgur.com/a/7c4Zc

Edited by Eleven

8 x 4 = 32

I understand this, but isn't it much easier to move teams around, isn't Carolina in trouble, and isn't Quebec ready to go? I think if Quebec becomes an NHL city in the next few years it will not be through expansion. I think that's a lot more likely out west. 

Not according to this map.

Well I don't know how much authority to give this map on the subject

I understand this, but isn't it much easier to move teams around, isn't Carolina in trouble, and isn't Quebec ready to go? I think if Quebec becomes an NHL city in the next few years it will not be through expansion. I think that's a lot more likely out west.

Bettman really, really tries hard to not relocate teams. He hates doing it

Respect it's authoritah!

That's a fair point.  It was in a video on the NHL's website, but it could very well be that some employee got lazy and used something that wasn't supposed to be used.

I don't think it's realistic that we don't get another expansion team. 

I like how the new divisions ensure Canada never goes through the embarrassment of not having a team qualify for the playoffs again. 

What continues to amaze and piss me off is that Toronto and Montreal don't just get two freaking teams already. It's garbage 

Who's going to support them?  The Leaves and Habs are absolutely entrenched in their communities.  If Buffalo got a second team, would you support them over the Sabres?  Of course not. It's like that x 100 up there.

Who's going to support them? The Leaves and Habs are absolutely entrenched in their communities. If Buffalo got a second team, would you support them over the Sabres? Of course not. It's like that x 100 up there.

I'm sure everyone said the same thing about the Mets. If I'm a fan up there and can't get tickets to a Leafs game, why not go check out the new team? Before you know it you become a fan. I have no doubt at all a second team in both of those cities would do better than a lot of American markets

I'm sure everyone said the same thing about the Mets. If I'm a fan up there and can't get tickets to a Leafs game, why not go check out the new team? Before you know it you become a fan. I have no doubt at all a second team in both of those cities would do better than a lot of American markets

That doesn't grow the game in America, which is the big picture. 

There were always plenty of Yankee-haters in New York, left over from the Giants and Dodgers days.  A better comparison would be the LA Clippers.

What continues to amaze and piss me off is that Toronto and Montreal don't just get two freaking teams already. It's garbage 

A 2nd team in Toronto would be bad for the Sabres.

That doesn't grow the game in America, which is the big picture. 

This too.

Wouldn't the Sabres have to agree to Toronto getting a second team though?

Interesting that CBJ and DET move back to the West in this map.  I've wondered how a team in Quebec fits if they plan to keep those two teams in the East.  Sorry DET, you're on the wrong end of Lake Erie.

Living in Denver, I will be very upset if this somehow changes the current scheduling format where every team plays in every city at least once during the season.  The years where the Sabres came to Denver once every 3 years was terrible.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.