Jordan Eberle or Evander Kane?

WildCard

Better Player  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one

Well, Kane is on the block it sounds like. And so is Eberle. 

Kane is 25, and on the last year of his deal with a $5.25m cap hit. No doubt Kane will want a raise

Eberle is 27, and has two more years with a cap hit of $6m

To me, it's Eberle by a mile. He's very, very consistently healthy, consistently offensively productive, and has good possession numbers. Kane is pretty much the opposite of all of this

But

Kane is younger, much more versatile, and adds a lot more to your team.

Edited by WildCard

Edmonton would never go for a kane for eberle trade...they wish to get rid of salary. and they will want lots for eberle in any trade. like Reinhart or someone young who does not make a ton of money as they'll have some big contracts to hand out soon enough. which reminds me, did they re-sign that 97 guy yet?

Edmonton would never go for a kane for eberle trade...they wish to get rid of salary. and they will want lots for eberle in any trade. like Reinhart or someone young who does not make a ton of money as they'll have some big contracts to hand out soon enough. which reminds me, did they re-sign that 97 guy yet?

They can't sign that 97 guy until July 1. 

No don't trade for Eberle with Kane. Trade Kane, then trade for Eberle

The point of this thread is to debate which player is better, or who would be better for the Sabres. Not how we would get them, or get rid of them

Eberle is older, but healthy every season (besides one). Eberle is more consistent offensively, but Kane has that boom or bust potential. No doubt Kane is better physically and on the PK though

I'm not sure how Eberle's past seasons have gone consistency - wise, but this one was pretty noticeably inconsistent:

6 points in 5 games, then no points for 5 games, then a couple weeks of typical scoring, then 6 games with no points, 3 games with 3 points, 6 games with no points, 6 points in 4 games, no points the next 8, and then another 5 game stretch without scoring any points later on in the season.

Jordan Eberle is an underappreciated asset that I would love to acquire in a vacuum at a salary dump kind of price.

Unfortunately we have a team that pays $21 million a year to Kane, Okposo, Moulson and Ennis.

Trade Kane or the assets we get for him for a defenceman and lose Ennis or Matty to Vegas and Id be all over a Eberle trade.

For the same price in today's NHL, Kane is the better player.

Edited by dudacek

Jordan Eberle is an underappreciated asset that I would love to acquire in a vacuum at a salary dump kind of price.

Unfortunately we have a team that pays $21 million a year to Kane, Okposo, Moulson and Ennis.

Trade Kane or the assets we get for him for a defenceman and lose Ennis or Matty to Vegas and Id be all over a Eberle trade.

For the same price in today's NHL, Kane is the better player.

Spending that much on wingers is evidence for why we should be happy Murray is gone. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.