2017 Stanley Cup Playoffs: Round 1

WildCard

Josie screamed when she saw the replay. Shades of her injury there. Ouch.

Right there with her! Replace the skates with black dress shoes, and that's exactly what I did.

For the record, I haven't worn those dress shoes since.. I'm still mad at them for not gripping the ice better.

Including what will be a 4-3 score between the Caps and Leaves, teams are averaging 2.13 GPG in the playoffs. That would rank 29th in the league in regular season. 6 of 14 games have gone to OT. 

That makes for some exciting hockey, arguably (not in my mind), but I'm not a big fan of every game and every series basically being a coin flip. Gone are the days of real upsets. Even a #8 seed winning a series isn't really considered an upset any more. 

I'm sure he'll win it now but Matthews has looked bad most of this game.

He was garbage in game one too with just one SOG. I think the long season is catching up with the youngsters. Andersen is the only reason the Leafs are competing. I just hope if and when the Sabres make the playoffs they can keep games close like Toronto. Right now with Bylsma's system, Buffalo would get swept right out in the first round.

Edited by Claude Balls

The more I watch Toronto succeed, the more I hate the entire Sabres organization. joke they are. Pegula who knows zero about football is out scouting QBs while nothing is being done about the Sabres situation, which is basically why Murray had nothing to report. Bylsma shoulda been fired on Wed at the latest.

Edited by Claude Balls

Thanks for being such open fair minded fans

On thinks it great a man potentially breaks a leg

I the one resenting voice

Weenies

:rolleyes: Why would we think our rival winning is wonderful? Nobody insulted you. You're just not going to find people to share your joy with here, and we pointed that out. 

I have to dust off the chalk board on which I've been keeping track of Sabres/Leafs playoff wins since I became a fan. Haven't touched the thing since 2013.

Sabres

IIII IIII IIII IIII IIII

Leafs

IIII YAY SUPER SPESHAL

Thanks for being such open fair minded fans

On thinks it great a man potentially breaks a leg

I the one resenting voice

Weenies

Who said anything about being happy regarding Polak's gruesome injury? I hate the Leafs, but to see them play almost an entire game with 5 d-men and win was pretty resilient.

Now go home, lol

And on another note, the NHL needs to get rid of replay. I saw three challenges today and they got all three wrong IMO. These guys are worse than the NFL when it comes to replay.

Edited by Claude Balls

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.