Buffalo Bills 2017-18

WildCard

Keep buying the BS. It's people like you that keep the system in place. Other towns would not accept constant losing and no accountability.

TIL that Cleveland, Philadelphia, New Orleans, Tampa, Detroit, Houston, Nashville, etc. don't exist.

That's the Pegula's for you, Jeff. The best part is they not only hired him because of his name, his faith, or his impressive wrestling background (unrelated non football reasons), but they also let the unproven rookie head coach hand pick his own GM. An unstandard practice that is usually only given to proven Super Bowl winning head coaches like Shanahan, Parcells, and Belichick. I can't recall a single time a rookie head coach was allowed to pick his own GM.

Edited by Drunkard

That's the Pegula's for you, Jeff. The best part is they not only hired him because of his name, his faith, or his impressive wrestling background (unrelated non football reasons), but they also let the unproven rookie head coach hand pick his own GM. An unstandard practice that is usually only given to proven Super Bowl winning head coaches like Shanahan, Parcells, and Belichick. I can't recall a single time a rookie head coach was allowed to pick his own GM.

The only reason the Sabres have a chance is Jack Eichel. It is common knowledge among the players that Jack and his agent told the Pegulas he would not resign with Buffalo unless Bylsma and Murray were shown the door and competent replacements made.

The only reason the Sabres have a chance is Jack Eichel. It is common knowledge among the players that Jack and his agent told the Pegulas he would not resign with Buffalo unless Bylsma and Murray were shown the door and competent replacements made.

So the fact it was reported by 1 guy and then denied by literally everyone including Eichel makes it fact. Call me skeptical.

Also ignores the mountain of reports about dysfunction btw players and coach and the lack of communication from Murray to just about anyone.

Edited by LGR4GM

I think from an asset management standpoint it makes sense. From a professional sports organization perspective I remain skeptical. Hiring a coach, not named Belichick and giving him full control is unconscionable especially a rookie head coach. Hiring a gm to do his bidding is assbackwards. Hiring on the basis of wrestling and personal character versus professional acumen is a red flag.

I swore off on this team when Rex was hired and haven't looked back. The motivation for a marketing name in that move was obvious and easily traced back to an unqualified marketing guy having too much say outside of his sphere of expertise. A case of retaining "our kind of guy" versus the right guy.

Until the Pegulas decide that the best qualified individuals should be making decisions, to the exclusion of their own, in a structured organization they demonstrate a lack of a commitment to winning and more of a commitment to the Pegula management style. People will point to Bobblehead but discount Bobblehead's statements concerning executive decision making to see that he doesn't have the keys to the car. Thus he is not ultimately accountable. Someone above him is. Same with the Bills. The Pegulas have a grand plan about WNY but I have yet to see where winning professional sports championships ranks higher than other aspects such as real estate development, media distribution networks and professional talent management organizations. Winning takes focus and I haven't seen enough yet to believe it is that important.

But to not be hypocritical, I have voiced enough times that the sports properties are their assets to be done with what they will. As consumers, and that is the only position we as fans occupy, can choose to simply not consume or consume less. There are substitutes as economists say. Your choice. Having an unhealthy allegiance to one Pegula run organization is the most I can handle. I wish the Bills well primarily due to the influence their success and failure has on the community. I follow casually, but having cut the cord emotionally and financially ( was a sth for over 25 years without living in WNY just so they wouldn't leave) has been working out well for me. I hope the Sabres do not eventually fall into that sphere.

Edited: for atrocious sentence structure.

Edited by 3putt

I think from an asset management standpoint it makes sense. From a professional sports organization perspective I remain skeptical. Hiring a coach and giving him full control is unconscionable especially a rookie head coach. Hiring a gm to do his bidding is assbackwards. Hiring on the basis of wrestling and personal character versus professional acumen is a red flag. I swore off on this team when Rex was hired and haven't looked back. The motivation for a marketing name in that move was obvious and easily traced back to an unqualified marketing guy having too much say outside of his sphere of expertise. A case of "our kind of guy" versus the right guy. Until the Pegulas decide that the best qualified individuals should be making decisions, to the exclusion of their own, in a structured organization they demonstrate a lack of a commitment to winning and more of a commitment to the Pegula management style. People will point to Bobblehead but discount Bobblehead's statements concerning executive decision making to see that he doesn't have the keys to the car. Thus he is not ultimately accountable. Someone above him is. Same with the Bills. The Pegulas have a grand plan about WNY but I have yet to see where winning professional sports championships ranks higher than other aspects such as real estate development, media distribution networks and professional talent management organizations. Winning takes focus and I haven't seen enough yet to believe it is that important.

But to not be hypocritical, I have voiced enough times that the sports properties are their assets to done with what they will. As consumers, and that is the only position we as fans occupy, can choose to simply not consume or consume less. There are substitutes as economists say. Your choice. Having an unhealthy allegiance to one Pegula run organization is the most I can handle. I wish the Bills well primarily due to the influence their success and failure has on the community. I follow casually, but having cut the cord emotionally and financially ( was a sth for over 25 years without living in WNY just so they wouldn't leave) has been working out well for me. I hope the Sabres do not eventually fall into that sphere.

Great post. That's all we can do as fans. Hope for the best and not put our money into a team that is not serious.

So the fact it was reported by 1 guy and then denied by literally everyone including Eichel makes it fact. Call me skeptical.

Also ignores the mountain of reports about dysfunction btw players and coach and the lack of communication from Murray to just about anyone.

Liger, he's got inside sources with the Bills AND Sabres.  How can you dispute him?  Plus, he's magic.

Liger, he's got inside sources with the Bills AND Sabres. How can you dispute him? Plus, he's magic.

For someone who thinks so highly of his own opinions he puts a lot of weight on what he saw of the vanilla schemes and non-first-string players of week one of the NFL preseason.

Does not look good enough for the explosive Bills offense that did not manage a 3rd down conversion in 40 minutes of the pre-season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNNeEuOlBKM

For someone who thinks so highly of his own opinions he puts a lot of weight on what he saw of the vanilla schemes and non-first-string players of week one of the ###### NFL ###### preseason.

You just made all that up. But thanks for putting words in my mouth. Here is what I saw, a top QB prospect that took a snap under CENTER(was told this would be hard for him) rolled out, motioned as if he was leading a WR, then threw a perfect dart across his body over a defender's arm for a TD. Was it just pre-season? Sure. But there is some value to watching it.

And your contention that my opinion on QB's is wrong is your right. But go ahead and describe your QB board for this year and next. Put yourself out there if you want to attack my opinion.

I don't have an inside source at the Sabres. And Buffalo is a small town. Knowing someone that works for the Bills is unimpressive.

But citing that at every turn like Dirk Diggler gazing at his own manhood in the mirror is impressive..

I apologize but I have an irrational disdain for people who claim to have sources. It irks me for no good reason.

But citing that at every turn like Dirk Diggler gazing at his own manhood in the mirror is impressive..

I apologize but I have an irrational disdain for people who claim to have sources. It irks me for no good reason.

When I have information that I think helps illuminate a discussion I share it when it makes sense. Your opinion that I do this to impress people on a message board is your own flawed guesswork. There is no need to have a source working for the Sabres or the Bills to see that the Pegulas are clueless when it comes to running their sports teams.

You just made all that up. But thanks for putting words in my mouth. Here is what I saw, a top QB prospect that took a snap under CENTER(was told this would be hard for him) rolled out, motioned as if he was leading a WR, then threw a perfect dart across his body over a defender's arm for a TD. Was it just pre-season? Sure. But there is some value to watching it.

And your contention that my opinion on QB's is wrong is your right. But go ahead and describe your QB board for this year and next. Put yourself out there if you want to attack my opinion.

Putting words in your mouth??

Dude. 

In the very post that I quoted, you said, and I quote, "Does not look good enough for the explosive Bills offense that did not manage a 3rd down conversion in 40 minutes of the pre-season."

This very clearly implies that you think the Bills could use Mahomes who did good things in that video I didn't watch (Mahomes wasn't the point of my post), because they weren't able to convert a 3rd down in a 40 minute chunk of a preseason game. 

This very clearly implies that you find value in what is, by definition, vanilla scheming and using as much depth as possible to see what you have on a roster. 

I was tempted to cut the video out of the post I quoted because the point I made has NOTHING TO DO WITH A QUARTERBACK, but I figured that was implicitly obvious. I guess I should have cut it out.

It's hard to believe that someone that came from a football forum makes a point like that about a preseason game, much less the first one. 

I have no idea how what I said made you think that I was talking about Mahomes or any other qb in the universe.

Putting words in your mouth??

Dude.

In the very post that I quoted, you said, and I quote, "Does not look good enough for the explosive Bills offense that did not manage a 3rd down conversion in 40 minutes of the pre-season."

This very clearly implies that you think the Bills could use Mahomes who did good things in that video I didn't watch (Mahomes wasn't the point of my post), because they weren't able to convert a 3rd down in a 40 minute chunk of a ###### preseason game.

This very clearly implies that you find value in what is, by definition, vanilla scheming and using as much depth as possible to see what you have on a roster.

I was tempted to cut the video out of the post I quoted because the point I made has NOTHING TO DO WITH A QUARTERBACK, but I figured that was implicitly obvious. I guess I should have cut it out.

It's hard to believe that someone that came from a football forum makes a point like that about a preseason game, much less the first one.

I have no idea how what I said made you think that I was talking about Mahomes or any other qb in the universe.

You are implying a whole lot from a comment. I am not basing my evaluation of the Bills offense on preseason as I can just look at the roster and the coaches. So yes, you are putting words in my mouth.

You are implying a whole lot from a comment. I am not basing my evaluation of the Bills offense on preseason as I can just look at the roster and the coaches. So yes, you are putting words in my mouth.

But we don't know the coaches

But we don't know the coaches

These coaches have reputations across the NFL. From what I have heard, McDermott's reputation is a very conservative coach. That seems to line up with his selection of Dennison and Frazier who have similar things said about them.

We shall see soon enough.

But you literally used a stat from a preseason game to make a point. It's something that you did in the post that I quoted, which is why I responded to it. If you hadn't done it, I wouldn't have said anything because I wouldn't have known that you analyze preseason games like that. My point is that that is not a good thing to do, and my new point is that if you don't actually glean results from something meaningless, it's not a good idea to make it appear that way. 

These coaches have reputations across the NFL. From what I have heard, McDermott's reputation is a very conservative coach. That seems to line up with his selection of Dennison and Frazier who have similar things said about them.

We shall see soon enough.

But why is that a bad thing, even if it's true? Rex was the opposite of a conservative coach, and how did that work out?

But you literally used a stat from a preseason game to make a point. It's something that you did in the post that I quoted, which is why I responded to it. If you hadn't done it, I wouldn't have said anything because I wouldn't have known that you analyze preseason games like that. My point is that that is not a good thing to do, and my new point is that if you don't actually glean results from something meaningless, it's not a good idea to make it appear that way.

There is a whole lot of room between preseason is meaningless and the idea that I take meaning out of every snap. You created a binary world where those are the two choices and I am explaining there is a lot of middle ground between those.

Turk Schonert got fired in preseason when it was apparent he had no clue. I expected little from the new Bills offense and expected a step back so limited preseason viewing did not create the opinion. It only did not invalidate it.

But why is that a bad thing, even if it's true? Rex was the opposite of a conservative coach, and how did that work out?

It can work to a degree. See Doug Marrone. I would prefer a more creative and innovative coach. And Rex was not conservative?! He wanted to run the ball every play if he could.

Edited by jeffismagic

There is a whole lot of room between preseason is meaningless and the idea that I take meaning out of every snap. You created a binary world where those are the two choices and I am explaining there is a lot of middle ground between those.

Turk Schonert got fired in preseason when it was apparent he had no clue. I expected little from the new Bills offense and expected a step back so limited preseason viewing did not create the opinion. It only did not invalidate it.

It can work to a degree. See Doug Marrone. I would prefer a more creative and innovative coach. And Rex was not conservative?! He wanted to run the ball every play if he could.

Holy .

If Rex is conservative, then Doug Marrone definitely is. Marrone said that ideally, there are 0 pass attempts in a game.

Guys I'm telling you from experience. I have nearly 10,000 posts on TBD - don't engage him, he makes circular arguments about predicting the future by using the past ineptitude of the organization.  You can't convince, win or anything else with someone like that.  Avoid!