GDT: Anaheim at Buffalo 7:00 pm ET, 2/9/2017

Doohickie

Fell asleep when it was 2-1 ( as did the Sabres apparently ) and woke up to a 4-1 score. First time I've nodded off watching a game this year. Unbelievable its taken this long for them to put me to sleep. Ducks had something like 62 shot attempts to the Sabres 32. All too often during the parts I was awake for they passed up a chance at a shot on net to try and get fancy. Not sure if this is part of DDs gameplan or not. 

That Ducks team is deep on D and has lots 'o' grit. And as we alluded to before is heavy on the douche factor which I think helps teams win. 

Anyways the Leafs Sat. and the Nucks Sun. Good luck boys. You'll need it.

Don't think I've hated DB more than I do right now. He is worse than Rolston.

Ive had enough of DB myself. His line changes are horribly timed, his scheme is is equivalent to a baby elephant being born sideways.  

This team is a sine wave. We lost tonight, and will thus crush the Leafs on Saturday. I can't wait.

Ennis had more minutes than Jack until the power play at the end. And roughly three times as many as Carrier would get any given night, and Carrier is a much better hockey player than Ennis right now. Sigh

Sam had 14:21.

That was ROR's worst game as a Sabre, hands down. 

We like to play a heavy game. When you go to the game and watch warmups, you can tell that they know they're big and can intimidate, there's a swagger there. Hard to explain. Well, the Ducks are bigger and play heavier, and don't let us walk around the slot with only a weak stick wave as their answer. The NHL clearly doesn't call interference and holding. ###### it. Start interfering and holding. Other teams are getting away with it and subsequently snuffing our offense and outshooting us badly. Let's play the way the league wants hockey to be played. I'm sick of hoping for rule changes and for refs to blow the whistle. They aren't going to any time soon.

I would trade Ennis for Brian Campbell straight up right now almost ten years later..LOL...He is a useless hockey player on a hockey team..If hockey was a one player sport like tennis he might be skating around the rink with the Stanley Cup. But alas tis not... :wallbash:

Looked like a team playing its fourth game in six nights (fifth eight), and playing it against a tough team that can skate.

We hung in there for two put couldn't sustain it.

Perry looked like a world class player and Getzlaf showed Jack the kind of physical,horse he needs to become. ROR was bad.

My God, I love that Ducks blueline. Still not interested in trading Kane to get one, but Theodore or Montour sure would help. And Fowler makes me drool.

Edited by dudacek

Fans should start booing so Jack has something to bitch about after the game.

I said it upthread: Those rope-line crowds near where the players come on and off the ice? Those folks were yelling themselves hoarse. I don't recall seeing that before. Maybe it's happened. Or maybe it was a product of Jack's thinking it was "funny" how fan support worked against the Sharks.

Also, when the Ducks scored on the power play to go up 3-1? I heard a decent Let's Go Buffalo chant start.

ROR is a hot mess tonight

I saw 2/3 of the game, but, man - that was what jumped out at me. Just not himself

One team should not have this much talent on defense

I thought the same thing. Holy shnikes is that squad loaded on the back end.

That was ROR's worst game as a Sabre, hands down. 

Quite possibly.

Was it That Aud Smell that believes ROR has a hernia? Could he still be playing with one? I have a feeling he'll be having surgery the second this season is over, even if not for that.

That was me, back when he was in and out of the lineup with some sort of upper body injury. But then he erased those concerns by going on a very nice run. Now the concerns have returned. It could just be wear and tear, as others have noted. But I am again thinking that something's amiss with him. I almost hope that's what's going on - it would explain his current play being so uneven.

Edited by That Aud Smell

Lehner was the only reason they where in that game through the first two periods. 

Not that he played bad in the third, but I have to cut him some slack because he had to be tired, and I still thought he played above average.

Really noticed the big rebounds that were deliberate and controlled, the way a couple of posters were discussing recently.

He was sending them out with purpose.

Marty had a good analysis on the one he kicked to Perry - that it was deliberate and that he got messed up because the shot was muffed and therefore came off his pad a lot more softly than he thought it would.

Also Lehner allows four and no one in this thread is complaining about him.

That different.

Really noticed the big rebounds that were deliberate and controlled, the way a couple of posters were discussing recently.

He was sending them out with purpose.

Marty had a good analysis on the one he kicked to Perry - that it was deliberate and that he got messed up because the shot was muffed and therefore came off his pad a lot more softly than he thought it would.

Also Lehner allows four and no one in this thread is complaining about him.

That different.

Its a high risk low reward way to play defense IMO when you asked the goalie to kick out rebounds.

The one that deflected right to Perry should have had a Sabre's forward there also. It would have given Lehner time to react if a forward could have held up Perry for a half second.

Still very frustrating that we can't get a game plan that can play with, or beat, puck possession teams no matter the opposition's skill level. 

Doesn't it seem like whenever another team has a "the guy" on it, the Sabres always get abused by that "the guy?"

Yeah. They said Perry has 10 goals in 14 games against Buffalo, or something like it. Crosby kills us. I remember Kovalchuk being better than usual against us. Ovie always scores. Whether the team and its defense are good or not.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.