GDT: Boston at Buffalo 7:00 pm ET, 12/29/2016

Doohickie

Like the big minutes he's been getting when he was injured and out of the lineup the last 2 months?

He's a good player. I get that no one wants to think we screwed up but not having him here hurts right now. Our defense this year is 55 and 29 and a bunch of garbage.

He's an utterly average player. His GF% drops nearly 10 full percentage points away from Doughty, to under 50%.

Like the big minutes he's been getting when he was injured and out of the lineup the last 2 months?

He's a good player. I get that no one wants to think we screwed up but not having him here hurts right now. Our defense this year is 55 and 29 and a bunch of garbage.

Put McNabb in Kulikov's spot and I guarantee you he looks worse. Guarantee. 

I'm perfectly fine being critical of GMTM, Dan Bylsma, Kulikov, Jack Eichel, RJ. Anyone. 

This team has played two good periods since the game against the Kings 16 days ago.

Unless Fasching turns into a consistent 40ish point player, it's a bad trade because even if McNabb-Fasching is a wash, then two 2nds for Deslauriers portion is disastrous. It's the romanticizing what McNabb is that's killing me.

Thinking he'd be a good 2nd pair defenseman here and pointing out that he's been a great fit for LA is killing you?

If that doesn't screw underachieving then idk what does... Has DD lost some guys? Seeing Jack all ticked is not what I like seeing.

Brian Gionta: "We need to figure out what kind of team we need to be."

Sabres: Standing around and not moving their feet late in the third when they know nothing they are told to do will stop the Bruins or generate any meaningful offense

I think he has.

Brian Gionta: "We need to figure out what kind of team we need to be."

Sabres: Standing around and not moving their feet late in the third when they know nothing they are told to do will stop the Bruins or generate any meaningful offense

I think he has.

35 games in and they don't know??

Pointing to his +/- and hits totals as evidence of him being a genuine top pairing defensman particularly killed me.

He was on their top pair most of last year and they finished 2nd in the Pacific (1 point out of first). He's been a nice player for them. I brought it up when other posters were trying to say he sucked or that no one thought much of him when we traded him (I'd say both of those things are not true).

I think he's a good second pair guy. I'd feel a lot better if we could magically transport him back her for the rest of the year. Pysyk too. But here we are.

He was on their top pair most of last year and they finished 2nd in the Pacific (1 point out of first). He's been a nice player for them. I brought it up when other posters were trying to say he sucked or that no one thought much of him when we traded him (I'd say both of those things are not true).

I think he's a good second pair guy. I'd feel a lot better if we could magically transport him back her for the rest of the year. Pysyk too. But here we are.

1) I'm agitated, so sorry for being a bit snarky.

2) I don't question that he played top pair, but rather that he's anything more than their version of Gorges (okay, that's overly harsh, but a good team's version of Gorges is certainly better than a bad team's version).

3) I don't think he's better than Kulikov, but there's no doubt he'd be a quantum leap over Gorges on our 3rd pair and having him on the roster would be an upgrade...of course, with Bylsma, he'd probably be riding the pine while Gorges got to play with Risto, so YMMV :cry:

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.