False Accusations of Harassment and Me.

Eleven

Flirtatious behavior: saying "hi, I'm JJ" with your vocal cords to an willing participant

Harassment: saying "hi, I'm JJ" with your vocal cords to an unwilling participant

Predatory behavior: saying "hi, I'm JJ" with your hands or genitals to an unwilling participant.

No; there's no way to know if someone wants to talk with you or not until you strike up a conversation.

Flirtatious behavior: saying "hi, I'm JJ" with your vocal cords to an willing participant

Harassment: saying "hi, I'm JJ" with your vocal cords to an unwilling participant

Predatory behavior: saying "hi, I'm JJ" with your hands or genitals to an unwilling participant.

Really.........................

No; there's no way to know if someone wants to talk with you or not until you strike up a conversation.

That explains why most times I go into a bar or club I see more of the over 30 crowd conversing with others while the under 30 crowd sits by themselves. They've outlawed themselves out of any form of social interaction. 

You have got to be kidding me.

No, I'm not. 

Repetitive, yes. Initial............. no. 

I'm sorry. If you can't figure out what the ###### those things are this far into life then it's going to take way more than some "millennial" on a message board you don't actually want to have a conversation with to help you understand them.

That explains why most times I go into a bar or club I see more of the over 30 crowd conversing with others while the under 30 crowd sits by themselves. They've outlawed themselves out of any form of social interaction. 

You really should explain yourself better before trashing people trying to express their opinions. 

Millenialls are singled out for a reason. 

There was a parent on one of my kids hockey teams who we still call "The Serial Ass Grabber".    So all the hockey mom's wear yoga pants these days.. at least down here in soCal anyway... so ###### are regularly on display, it's just the way it is doesn't give anyone the right grab we all understand that.    Anyway, this one Dad would frequently be seen grabbing another Mom's ass as she stood by the glass watching her kid play... then laugh it off like it's some big joke and just a prank or whatever... like every game and practice he would do a single grab and laugh or whatever as he walked away... she seemed mildly annoyed at it, just kind of play it off as no big deal or whatever.... her husband was rarely around for whatever reason.    

Lone behold that guy is no longer allowed at our two local rinks and last we heard his kid with his 4th different hockey program in the last 4 years.... the guys a bigot as well, so we were all glad to see him leave.    AFAIK, nobody ever filled an official complaint with law enforcement, USA Hockey, or what have you, but I can see where women are sensitive to this type of thing because are there are lots of creepy guys out there.    I actually really feel bad for the kid, he's a great player, but his Dad is an , so it's sad to see kids in that situation. 

Edited by pi2000

Flirtatious behavior: the introduction of yourself and continued interaction with somebody who is open, willing and able to engage back.

Harassment: the above with an individual who is unopen, unwilling and/or unable to engage back.

Predatory behavior: essentially the above but every continued step above it, as well, where you force the interaction to continue against the refusal of another.

No, I'm not.

Repetitive, yes. Initial............. no

If you grab the butt of a woman, for the first time, and it turns out she's there with a tough dude, is he entitled to beat you to a bloody pulp?

If yes, why should you get away with it in one instance but not the other?

If not, then how can there be a rule against butt grabbing if there is no consequence for breaking it?

No, I'm not.

Repetitive, yes. Initial............. no.

You really should explain yourself better before trashing people trying to express their opinions.

Millenialls are singled out for a reason.

Yeah because there are about 4 of us here, that's it

If you grab the butt of a woman, for the first time, and it turns out she's there with a tough dude, is he entitled to beat you to a bloody pulp?

If not, then how can there be a rule against butt grabbing if there is no consequence for breaking it?

Yeah I think that dude gets to clock you one

Pi: that dad is a predator. But also, no, a$$es are NOT "regularly on display" just because these women are wearing yoga pants.

Yoga pants are designed to give butts a nice shape, women know that and they wear yoga pants as "active wear" because it's trendy and makes them look good and feel good about their bodies.     My wife has a zillion pairs of them, and she's the one who told me how they work to lift the butt and round it out.     Like I said, it doesn't give anyone the right to ass grab, but I think there's some likelihood that the serial ass grabber doesn't grab that woman's butt if she's not wearing yoga pants.... again I'm not saying any of this is her fault, women should be allowed to wear whatever they want without the threat of being assaulted.    

If a dude hits on a guy's girl and he's there with her, he should expect an ass-whooping whether or not he grabs her ass. 

I'm all for making it more difficult for mates to meet....... hell make it impossible for all I care. This planet has a serious issue with population growth, anything that deters that I'm all for. 

...and who are these guys who just go straight for the ass grab?   I mean, yeah, there's probably some small % of women that works on, but really that's the best game guys have these days?   Whatever happened to working your way up to that, like engage in some conversation, see where it leads, start with a thigh or hip grab see how receptive she is and go from there.        

...and who are these guys who just go straight for the ass grab?   I mean, yeah, there's probably some small % of women that works on, but really that's the best game guys have these days?   Whatever happened to working your way up to that, like engage in some conversation, see where it leads, start with a thigh or hip grab see how receptive she is and go from there.        

I really don't think those guys have any intentions of starting a relationship... my guess is it falls under the cheap thrills category.

There's nothing wrong with introducing yourself in a polite manner. That's how you start a conversation. But if the serve isn't returned, you jump the train right into Harassmentville.

I am laughing at +/- 7 people giving guidelines and rules for social interaction that would be applicable to 330 million people in in unmeasurable number of circumstances.

I am cringing at the establishment of tribunals and dual justice systems, each empowered to assign consequences, adjudicating the interactions.

I am crying while thinking of those infinite combinations and permutations of human beings and interaction, subject to dual justice systems, applied in the United States on campuses that co-mingle 18 to 22 year olds with new found autonomy, human desires and booze.

I am grateful I lived much of my life before the lunatics took control of the asylum.

Edited by Neo

I am laughung at +/- 7 people giving guidelines and rules for social interaction that would be applicable to 330 million people in in unmeasurable number of circumstances.

I am cringing at the establishment of tribunals and dual justice systems, each empowered to assign consequences, adjudicating the interactions.

I am crying while thinking of those infinite combinations and permutations of human beings and interaction, subject to dual justice systems, applied in the United States on campuses that co-mingle 18 to 22 year olds with new found autonomy, human desires and booze.

I am grateful I lived much of my life before the lunatics took control of the asylum.

That's offensive. 

Neo, do tell what has changed so drastically in the category of sexual advances and assault so much that makes you call us lunatics?

Also, it's a discussion on a message board. Nobody here is making the rules. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you get to patronize us by claiming seven people are attempting to create rules hundreds of millions should live by.

It'd be convenient if you could skip the language gymnastics, too. It's tired and your opinion is the same without it.

Pi: that dad is a predator. But also, no, a$$es are NOT "regularly on display" just because these women are wearing yoga pants.

Actually in a lot of those pants you can tell a woman's religion.... kinda like the itsy tinsy teeny weeny bikini...

Yeah because there are about 4 of us here, that's itYeah I think that dude gets to clock you one

I would..

Neo, do tell what has changed so drastically in the category of sexual advances and assault so much that makes you call us lunatics?

Also, it's a discussion on a message board. Nobody here is making the rules. Just because you disagree doesn't mean you get to patronize us by claiming seven people are attempting to create rules hundreds of millions should live by.

It'd be convenient if you could skip the language gymnastics, too. It's tired and your opinion is the same without it.

In order ..

Nothing's changed. After that, you ask after several points and identify several issues. Some I made, some I didn't, some relate to others, some don't. I'll decline your request, respectfully.

Patronizing is the last thing I'd call my post.

I shall take your style critique under advisement.

There are countless people perfectly happy living without rules. Just because you support them, doesn't mean they should apply to all. If we lived by what you consider acceptable, we'd all be living in a bubble.

True the so called rules getting even more confusing... not saying unwanted assgrabbing is appropriate especially in a married deal agreed is unwarranted... in a drunken college situation... the rules are little blurry short of copulation.... My rule way back then was if got slapped not ok, if not i was usually too drunk to do much else but the original dare by my sophmoric dormmates... wasnt a big grabber anyway... but in college bars along with a comment of nice as s worked a few times... just saying alcohol blurred rules of decorum...for both male and female

Edited by North Buffalo

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.