Movies / TV Shows - I Have Watched / Plan To Watch

Sabres Fan in NS

I'm really intrigued by the new IT movies. There's going to be two, one when they're kids and one when they're adults. Instead of being split between the 50s and 80s it's going to be the 80s and today.

Are the two going to be related? As in, same director, producer, etc. 

I know nothing other than they're kids, see a clown, and come back as adults to confront IT. So no spoilers please ;)

You couldn't get into the Dark Tower?  Must just not be your bag, because the first book (The Gunslinger) is a pretty quick read, and The second (The Drawing of the Three) was great.

That might not be so bad... they'll still have to cut quite a bit, but at least if they break it into two movies, there might be a chance!  Have you read the book, qwk?

I think I tried reading it at a time where I just really wasn't feeling reading, you know? I should go back and give it another shot

Am reading it now, actually. I kinda took a break in the middle to read Salem's lot.

I need to read that one... never got around to it, but after it comes up in the Dark Tower books, I really should!

I know nothing other than they're kids, see a clown, and come back as adults to confront IT. So no spoilers please ;)

I think I tried reading it at a time where I just really wasn't feeling reading, you know? I should go back and give it another shot

Fair point; the first two are both pretty short, so they're worth another go at some point!  As for IT, I certainly hope so!

Unrelated but they're making a 3rd season of True Detective

With Mahershala Ali!!!

I'm glad they're not abandoning the show after they rushed the f*ck out of season 2 and it was terrible.

Definitely being produced by the same people. I don't think they have a director or anything for the second one.

I streamed several movies over the weekend. The House with Will Ferrell was really good. Kong Skull Island was good as well. We also watched the newer Alien movie with Danny McBribe but I'll probably have to re-watch that one because I kept getting pulled away from it so I don't think I was able to give it my full attention.

Saw the Kingsmen over the weekend... it was really fun. 

It really was fun.

One of my friends is beyond obsessed with it. Not sure I'd go that far, but it was a really enjoyable movie. I am, not surprisingly, on the side of the people who wishes the last scene with the female hostage was either cut or different. Like, I get the reference with Bond and womanising and male wish fulfillment and all, but it was a really sh!tty final note that didn't fit the rest of the film's feel and left me with a bad taste in my mouth (heh heh). If there'd been more stuff like that in the movie, fine. But I think the lack of that kind of thing was why it was such a breath of fresh air, honestly. 

But other than that... great flick. Hope the second one holds up. Love me some Colin Firth. 

also

tumblr_nm3kg2ZPuq1rm5xgmo1_250.gif

Edited by Josie914

It really was fun.

One of my friends is beyond obsessed with it. Not sure I'd go that far, but it was a really enjoyable movie. I am, not surprisingly, on the side of the people who wishes the last scene with the female hostage was either cut or different. Like, I get the reference with Bond and womanising and male wish fulfillment and all, but it was a really sh!tty final note that didn't fit the rest of the film's feel and left me with a bad taste in my mouth (heh heh). If there'd been more stuff like that in the movie, fine. But I think the lack of that kind of thing was why it was such a breath of fresh air, honestly.

But other than that... great flick. Hope the second one holds up. Love me some Colin Firth.

All I know about the movie is that last scene. Sooooo yeah not gonna watch it.

I really want to like the Transformer movies but I find them completely unwatchable. The action just looks like a jumbled mess of machine parts. Hate them.

To quote one of my favorite tweets of all time:

"Michael Bay might be the only person on Earth who doesn't get the appeal of your car being a secret alien robot that's also your friend." -Lindsay Ellis

All I know about the movie is that last scene. Sooooo yeah not gonna watch it.

As a grumpy feminist/reasonable SJW... I wouldn't toss the whole thing out just for that.

It really is a good movie. Has a male/female relationship that's supportive, not romantic. Shows a struggle with domestic violence. Even Samuel L Jackson being Samuel L Jackson doesn't ruin it (sorry, not the biggest fan of the guy). It's fun in a Hot Fuzz sort of way. 

Just skip the literal last 3 minutes and it's perfect fun. 

As a grumpy feminist/reasonable SJW... I wouldn't toss the whole thing out just for that.

It really is a good movie. Has a male/female relationship that's supportive, not romantic. Shows a struggle with domestic violence. Even Samuel L Jackson being Samuel L Jackson doesn't ruin it (sorry, not the biggest fan of the guy). It's fun in a Hot Fuzz sort of way.

Just skip the literal last 3 minutes and it's perfect fun.

I've got too many REAL fiLms on my list to watch something that's simply "fun"

/getonmylevel

Danny McBride was so horribly miscast in that movie. His best asset is what he brings from a comedic point of view, and they give him literally zero humour to work with in the script. Fail.

From what I saw it definitely seemed that way. If he's not given a comedic role or at least allowed to adlib enough to turn it into one it really is a waste of his talents.

I forgot that I also watched Baby Driver. It was good for what it was. Something like a 6/7 out of 10.

On a side note has anyone seen the tv show version of the Mist on Spike. I loved the movie and saw they are 6 or 7 episodes into season one and they're all available through the Spike app on roku (with a regular tv subscription login) but I'm curious how good it is for anyone who has been watching it.

Edited by Drunkard