Does Justin Bailey Make It On Opening Roster?

bob_sauve28

I saw a tweet to the effect that 2 or more of the call-ups have a connection to the area where an upcoming game is being played.

But Bailey coming up to fill in for Okposo would make sense. For the preseason, anyway.

Not that it was a major concern with the couple guys involved, but was the initial move just a smokescreen so that guys like Catenacci and Schneider can be cleared through waivers early?

how so? (i'm asking - i have no idea how that would work.)

Edited by That Aud Smell

Not that it was a major concern with the couple guys involved, but was the initial move just a smokescreen so that guys like Catenacci and Schneider can be cleared through waivers early?

I don't think so, at least not with respect to Catenacci.  He is so, so fast, but I don't think that he'll ever be an NHL regular.

And Schneider needs to grow up.

Edited by Eleven

how so? (i'm asking - i have no idea how that would work.)

Once they've cleared, they don't have to clear again until they've played in 10 NHL games.  Like 11 said, it's not very likely with these guys, but who knows.  Maybe you do it early just in case some crazy injury doesn't suddenly make a team consider a claim.

Once they've cleared, they don't have to clear again until they've played in 10 NHL games.  Like 11 said, it's not very likely with these guys, but who knows.  Maybe you do it early just in case some crazy injury doesn't suddenly make a team consider a claim.

interesting thought

thanks. i would not put it past GM TM for doing it when he did, for those reasons. OTOH, it sounded like a whole bunch of teams did it too.

You mean sending down a handful of guys and then calling them back up?

ah - i'm not sure. shoot. maybe it was just the sending down of players that occurred across the league. i saw a general fanager tweet today about how everyone (~25 players) had cleared waivers. maybe those guys were a different CBA class of player, though.

ah - i'm not sure. shoot. maybe it was just the sending down of players that occurred across the league. i saw a general fanager tweet today about how everyone (~25 players) had cleared waivers. maybe those guys were a different CBA class of player, though.

If I'm doing my math correctly, that day where they sent down Bailey and others was the first one where teams were allowed to place players on waivers.  So that's why you're getting a lot of those moves across the league at the same time.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.