Sabres announce dynamic ticket pricing

PromoTheRobot

I don't believe it when they say they won't reduce ticket prices below that of STH price.    There will be games where they can't fill the building unless they do so.... as a STH I would be rattled by this.

They HAVE to maintain the floor at the STH price because they tell STHers that they will get the best price for each game. IF that ISN'T true, then the Sabres become guilty of FALSE ADVERTISING and can be sued. They will not drop prices below STH price.

They HAVE to maintain the floor at the STH price because they tell STHers that they will get the best price for each game. IF that ISN'T true, then the Sabres become guilty of FALSE ADVERTISING and can be sued. They will not drop prices below STH price.

Besides, season ticket prices are not a state secret. It's right on their website, along with the per-game price.

• 1 month later...

On the verge of a new season and ticket prices for the Sabres on the secondary market are running in the low teens for most games. To me that's an indicator of fan interest being, if not low, then cautious.

Gotta say I'm quite surprised by the soft market. Imagine that will change as they get started assuming we start well.  

On the verge of a new season and ticket prices for the Sabres on the secondary market are running in the low teens for most games. To me that's an indicator of fan interest being, if not low, then cautious.

Except for the 2nd Drury-Briere post-lockout year, the ticket market is ALWAYS soft in October. Depending on how the Bills season goes, it'll pickup in December or January.

Except for the 2nd Drury-Briere post-lockout year, the ticket market is ALWAYS soft in October. Depending on how the Bills season goes, it'll pickup in December or January.

For what its worth, I have sold about 20% of my available tickets for an average profit of $20 per ticket and I am finding more people looking then the last two years.

Of course, I have a couple of regular customers and some pretty good inventory.

For what its worth, I have sold about 20% of my available tickets for an average profit of $20 per ticket and I am finding more people looking then the last two years.

Of course, I have a couple of regular customers and some pretty good inventory.

You make a good point. My comment was based on the lowest price, or the "cost of getting in the door."

I'm actually surprised the difficulty I'm having in selling the November Leafs/Sabres game.  I listed 2 tickets to the Penguins game and 2 to the Leafs game and sold the Penguins tickets at value + $20 each and had lot's of demand.  I've listed the Leaf tickets at value + $20 as well and have had very little interest. I mean the ticket prices even at mini-pack pricing + $20 is still much cheaper than the box office.  Maybe because it's not a Saturday game?

I'm actually surprised the difficulty I'm having in selling the November Leafs/Sabres game. I listed 2 tickets to the Penguins game and 2 to the Leafs game and sold the Penguins tickets at value + $20 each and had lot's of demand. I've listed the Leaf tickets at value + $20 as well and have had very little interest. I mean the ticket prices even at mini-pack pricing + $20 is still much cheaper than the box office. Maybe because it's not a Saturday game?

Where you posting

Where you posting

Kijiji.  Not sure where you're from but it's similar to a craigslist type of website in Ontario.  Do you use stubhub at all?  I've never used that service.  Any suggestions for me would be greatly appreciated.

I went on the Sabres site and there are still some tickets for that game in the same section but after ticket prices and fees it works out to be about $275 Canadian for 2 tickets.  I'm asking $220 and get little interest.  I don't get it.

Kijiji.  Not sure where you're from but it's similar to a craigslist type of website in Ontario.  Do you use stubhub at all?  I've never used that service.  Any suggestions for me would be greatly appreciated.

I went on the Sabres site and there are still some tickets for that game in the same section but after ticket prices and fees it works out to be about $275 Canadian for 2 tickets.  I'm asking $220 and get little interest.  I don't get it.

It looks like even Leafs fans are taking a wait-and-see approach to their season.

• 4 weeks later...

Thursday's Leafs game tickets going for less than $20 on StubHub. So neither Sabres nor Leafs fans seem to give a crap now.

I wonder what the dynamic Sabres price is for this one?

I really don't understand this one. I would have thought Leaf fans more than ever would want to see them on the cheap and get to see Matthews. Just really don't get it.

To say nothing of our fans wanting to see him too.

I bet they don't do this again next year as this is showing there prices to be too high lol

I really don't understand this one. I would have thought Leaf fans more than ever would want to see them on the cheap and get to see Matthews. Just really don't get it.

To say nothing of our fans wanting to see him too.

I bet they don't do this again next year as this is showing there prices to be too high lol

Agreed.   I also don't get it.  Tried for 2 months to sell this game at cost and couldn't do it.  Was not going to sell for $20 per tickets so my dad and I will take the trip down tomorrow.  With Matthews and the rivalry I thought this would sell easily.  Maybe being a weeknight in November didn't help?  I donno.

Thursday's Leafs game tickets going for less than $20 on StubHub. So neither Sabres nor Leafs fans seem to give a crap now.

Yeah!  A month ago, I jumped on the opportunity at a family friend's pair of tickets to Thursday's game for $40 each.  Then I looked the next day and realized I could have had them for quite a bit cheaper? :blink:

Ottawa game 11/9 are $10.  Lightning 11/17 are $13.  Flames 11/21 $13. Devils on a Friday night 11/11 $20!!  But get this: Sabres at Ottawa 11/9 $15!  @ Blues 11/15 $15!  @ Capitals 12/5 $14!  Prices are crashing in other cities too, even Canadian cities.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Ottawa game 11/9 are $10.  Lightning 11/17 are $13.  Flames 11/21 $13. Devils on a Friday night 11/11 $20!!  But get this: Sabres at Ottawa 11/9 $15!  @ Blues 11/15 $15!  @ Capitals 12/5 $14!  Prices are crashing in other cities too, even Canadian cities.

Maybe people are finally voting with their dollars when it comes to what they want to see at the rink.

And I just got an email from the Sabres saying that single seat tickets are available for this game (and to please buy them). Strange days, indeed.

Maybe people are finally voting with their dollars when it comes to what they want to see at the rink.

Paging PA. Paging PA.

Dizzam!

And I just got an email from the Sabres saying that single seat tickets are available for this game (and to please buy them). Strange days, indeed.

Paging PA. Paging PA.

Dizzam!

Please understand that I am referring to the league-wide on-ice product lest we get into rehashing certain things.

Please understand that I am referring to the league-wide on-ice product lest we get into rehashing certain things.

I dig, I dig.

I'm thinking of two things: (1) How PA has repeatedly said he believes that consumers can influence the direction of a franchise (or league (?)) through the power of their spending habits and (2) that I dubbed him PAngloss at some point because he so freely entertains such fantastical notions.

1500 internet points are awarded to the man from the northern tier.

And here I bought 3 tickets for $60 each for next Friday's Devils game as part of my mini-pack. Would have waited for Stubhub if I knew it would be like this. Crazy.

You...you voluntarily spent money to see the Devils? Were you drunk? :p

Anticipation of cheap secondary market prices is precisely why I opted against a mini pack this year.

I dig, I dig.

I'm thinking of two things: (1) How PA has repeatedly said he believes that consumers can influence the direction of a franchise (or league (?)) through the power of their spending habits and (2) that I dubbed him PAngloss at some point because he so freely entertains such fantastical notions.

1500 internet points are awarded to the man from the northern tier.

I don't think he was ever crazy to assert this in theory. It's the idea that it's even the slightest bit realistic to organize and implement in the real world that made it crazy.

You...you voluntarily spent money to see the Devils? Were you drunk? :P

Anticipation of cheap secondary market prices is precisely why I opted against a mini pack this year.

To your first point, I liked the idea of seeing Taylor Hall and living 2.5 hours away I go more based on availability rather than opponents.

To your second point I could see some games trending that way.  But the leafs?  With Matthews and Marner and Nylander and renewed optimism?  That was/is shocking to me.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.