GMTM's thoughts on Rookie Development Camp

inkman

Paul Hamilton has some interesting quotes from ZFG.

http://www.wgr550.com/pages/22809960.php?contentType=4&contentId=18794498

Some tidbits that raised my eyebrows:

- can picture Nylander with Jack and Sam as soon as this year. Its up to him and how he works this offseason

- Baptiste, Carrier and Bailey were better than the pack. Called Bailey "a man".

- Says he still wants to add a D or 2. Thank god.

Edited by inkman

The Nylander comment is also interesting because Murray does indeed seem to have Jack and Sam penciled in together. Gotta believe he sees 2/3 of the top 6 set with O'Reilly - Okposo, Eichel - Reinhart, with Nylander likely moving in on the left side sooner than later. That leaves one spot, and maybe that'll be Vesey. Tons of options for fill-ins there as well, with Ennis, Kane, and Girgensons. Of course, lines are all subject to the Disco effect.

Forward is pretty locked up, so it's good to see his comment about potentially adding another D- man or 2.

Really hoping Carrier can prove to be a useful depth player. I love Deslauriers, but ultimately he's probably best served as the team's 13th forward. As far as the defensemen go...I take his comments to mean he's going after depth moreso than top-4 caliber. Franson's health is a question mark and Nelson may or may not be ready for a full NHL season, so a legitimate #6 on the right makes sense.

Really hoping Carrier can prove to be a useful depth player. I love Deslauriers, but ultimately he's probably best served as the team's 13th forward. As far as the defensemen go...I take his comments to mean he's going after depth moreso than top-4 caliber. Franson's health is a question mark and Nelson may or may not be ready for a full NHL season, so a legitimate #6 on the right makes sense.

Everythjng I've read seen and heard about Carrier is that his game is built for today's NHL. Great possession player. We'll see him at least 30 games I'm thinking.

Everythjng I've read seen and heard about Carrier is that his game is built for today's NHL. Great possession player. We'll see him at least 30 games I'm thinking.

Agreed. He impressed on multiple fronts here at dev camp. Training pre season camp he will definitely be a player to watch. has some flash and grit. I could see him keeping Delo out some games to start with. He's looked good.

The Nylander comment is also interesting because Murray does indeed seem to have Jack and Sam penciled in together. Gotta believe he sees 2/3 of the top 6 set with O'Reilly - Okposo, Eichel - Reinhart, with Nylander likely moving in on the left side sooner than later. That leaves one spot, and maybe that'll be Vesey. Tons of options for fill-ins there as well, with Ennis, Kane, and Girgensons. Of course, lines are all subject to the Disco effect.

Forward is pretty locked up, so it's good to see his comment about potentially adding another D- man or 2.

I think Guhle, and Nelson are close to full time regulars. I was really impressed with Nelson last year.

I would espouse that he return to Sweden, tune up for the WJC with Asplund.  Go to Rochester after Christmas and be ready for a call up if we are poised to make the playoffs.  If not he can help the Amerks try and win a Calder.  Him coming up in February or March would be like a deadline move.

I would espouse that he return to Sweden, tune up for the WJC with Asplund.  Go to Rochester after Christmas and be ready for a call up if we are poised to make the playoffs.  If not he can help the Amerks try and win a Calder.  Him coming up in February or March would be like a deadline move.

yup, our depth is nice at forward. No reason in the world to rush him. He can be part of the improvement for next year as far as I'm concerned

I agree, Carrier could easily play on the fourth line.  He'd be an adequate replacement for Foligno's cap hit.  Someone has to be enamored with his size and skating to give up something more tantalizing than he's shown potentially.  

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.