Cam Fowler Trade Speculation Thread

LGR4GM

Rumor: The Ducks are keen to get a good young player and a pick for Fowler. They will have to move him to get Lindholm under contract. Detroit, Buffalo, Toronto, basically half the east is rumored to be kicking the tires.

I do not think Buffalo has the ability to make this deal. I don't think Zemgus has enough value and I think we should keep Nylander. I would like Fowler in Buffalo but I don't see the players needed to pull it off. Baptiste and Picks isn't going to do it. 

Would anybody here be willing to give Nylander up if the Ducks were sending Fowler and Silfverberg our way? Obviously we'd still need to add something to that.

No. I like Silfverberg, but he's really just a nice player and nothing more. If they want Nylander, I want Lindolm.

I am with Blue.

Nylander is the perfect compliment to our top 6 maybe as early as next year. He can skate with Jack or ROR and fit right in. 

Rumor: The Ducks are keen to get a good young player and a pick for Fowler. They will have to move him to get Lindholm under contract. Detroit, Buffalo, Toronto, basically half the east is rumored to be kicking the tires.

I do not think Buffalo has the ability to make this deal. I don't think Zemgus has enough value and I think we should keep Nylander. I would like Fowler in Buffalo but I don't see the players needed to pull it off. Baptiste and Picks isn't going to do it. 

What about Girgs, Baptiste, and a pick? I don't think I'm saying that 10 pennies is worth more than a dollar here. You get a solid middle-six forward, a good young prospect, and a pick, all of which are cheap (and Girgensons is easy trade deadline bait). Maybe its a d-prospect instead of a forward, but I don't think that's terrible value either way.

What about Girgs, Baptiste, and a pick? I don't think I'm saying that 10 pennies is worth more than a dollar here. You get a solid middle-six forward, a good young prospect, and a pick, all of which are cheap (and Girgensons is easy trade deadline bait). Maybe its a d-prospect instead of a forward, but I don't think that's terrible value either way.

I think they are looking more like Fasching/Bailey, Nylander for Fowler. 

If Boston didn't draft like a pile of garbage on fire being doused in napalm then they would be a good trade partner because they could use Fowler but they suck.

No. I like Silfverberg, but he's really just a nice player and nothing more. If they want Nylander, I want Lindolm.

Exactly. I don't even have a ton of interest for Fowler with the price tag they want anyway and I'm willing to bet neither does GMTM or we wouldn't have Kulikov. Granted the Ducks may be more willing to drop the price to help sign Lindholm, but I'd rather just offer sheet Lindholm than have Fowler.

I believe she never actually said that ;)

How much is Fowler right now? Kane is what? $5M?

Fowler is 4. You would have to take a cap dump and retain 50% of Kane's salary to even start this. Further Kane is injured and most GM's won't trade for an injured player

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.