Sabres at Islanders - 4/9/16 7:30 pm

inkman

holy hell Ullmark was well out of the net to play that one....    But it wasn't a 1-on-0 where Hasek would attack at the blue line. Gotta be careful with that.

Showed a lot of confidence from a young kid; I liked it.

I would love to see Jack get at least 1 G tonight.

25 Goals on the season sounds so much better than 24.

Nelson with a silky move at the blue line.

How have Moulson's hands gotten so bad? I can handle a puck better than he can.

I honestly think he's better on the line than any of our non-Risto defensemen. Not that that's saying much.

Deslauriers' stint in the top six has me not even wanting to watch him on the fourth line next season.

Same. I know it's unfair, but man, I really hate him right now :lol:

Showed a lot of confidence from a young kid; I liked it.

I would love to see Jack get at least 1 G tonight.

25 Goals on the season sounds so much better than 24.

My overconfidence is my weakness.

I'm just wary of Ullmark tonight because (statistically speaking) his numbers have been abysmal in Rochester as of late. I don't know what type of defense they've been playing in front of him, though.

25 does have a nice ring to it.

Realistically, what do the Sabres do with Matty Mo?  Give him another year to regain some sort of hands?  Buy out?  Rochester?  I guess I'd give him another year.  If GMTM brings in another top 6 in the summer, I'm having trouble spotting Matt anywhere.

I suppose this has been discussed elsewhere, but John Tavares had 24 G and 30 A in 82 games played in his rookie year.

Jack is currently on 24G/31A with 1 missed game.

Shockingly similar stats.

The Moulson effect?

(Didn't Tavares live with Moulson his rookie year? I seem to remember hearing that but could easily be mistaken.)

Realistically, what do the Sabres do with Matty Mo?  Give him another year to regain some sort of hands?  Buy out?  Rochester?  I guess I'd give him another year.  If GMTM brings in another top 6 in the summer, I'm having trouble spotting Matt anywhere.

I think he'll get another year; Muray has discussed this of late; seems to indicate Moulson developed lazy habits and his bodyweight is too high; this has all been addressed with him and he know he has work to do in off-season.

At least that is the official company line.

The guy is horrible and isn't going to get better. 

I am saying this in all seriousness. No Bogo puts a huge hole out there.

He's flawed, but he's a good second pairing defenceman with a presence.

Particularly when our other choices are three rookies and a Colaiacovo.

Speaking of presence, I really miss Larsson's presence out there. He's really carved out a role for himself.

What's up, early flight back to Sweden to get ready for his contract dispute?

Edited by dudacek

I agree.  Bogo is a quality D-man.  Maybe not a 1-2 D-man, but when we get to the playoffs, he's a necessary player.  I am concerned about is durability though.

Particularly when our other choices are three rookies and a Colaiacovo.

Speaking of presence, I really miss Larsson's presence out there. He's really carved out a role for himself.

What's up, early flight back to Sweden to get ready for his contract dispute?

I agree with your first line, but disagree on the reason. Being better than three rookies and Colaiacovo does not a good second pairing defenseman make.

I agree with your first line, but disagree on the reason. Being better than three rookies and Colaiacovo does not a good second pairing defenseman make.

I just think he plays second pair or should on pretty much any team in the league.

I just think he plays second pair or should on pretty much any team in the league.

Good point.  There are 60 top pair defencemen in the league.  That said,I think Bogo is one of the top 61-120 D-men in the league.

Edited by Tondas

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.